• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

blade grinder

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
I have seen the Mini Miller in lawn magazines or a website. I can't remember where I saw it. It's hard to beat a dedicated blade grinder though. I sure like my RBG grinder. :)

OP
B

BUSHMASTER

LawnSite Senior Member
your grinder is nice but if all you have is the old bench grinder most of us can reproduce this thing on our own....
and besides the jig come off when you losen the handled nut.

awm

LawnSite Gold Member
I have a rotozip that beats any grinder
ive owned. I can quickly sharpen in
the feild and wiith out taking the blades
off if needed.Im learning to like this
little tool.Safety glasses always
TM

TJLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I came up with a setup for grinding my blades to the factory angle which cost me maybe $60.00 including the delta bench grinder. So far it seems to work fine. I do agree though there is probally no substitute for a dedicated blade grinder.

awm

LawnSite Gold Member
You need the zip mate with rotozip.
Also dont buy from tv adds. Home depo
and sears have them at much cheaper pri
ces. Its not the endall tool that rotozip
tries to make them out to be.Like i said
im liking it better every day.Sharpens
blades very well.

ericksonbrad@hotmail.com

LawnSite Member
we use 4.5" hand grinder with blade in vise. this is the quickest way we have found. once you get the hang of it keeping the angle is a sinch. also when blades are off we scrape decks. p.s. we also use the jungle jack which is offered by the same co. that does the jungle wheels and we love it. the jungle rack for trailors is cool too.

Vibe Ray

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys who makes the best dedicated mower blade grinder and what model is it and how much does it cost???thanx in advance...