Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
4,830 Posts
I have seen the Mini Miller in lawn magazines or a website. I can't remember where I saw it. It's hard to beat a dedicated blade grinder though. I sure like my RBG grinder. :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your grinder is nice but if all you have is the old bench grinder most of us can reproduce this thing on our own....
and besides the jig come off when you losen the handled nut.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I have a rotozip that beats any grinder
ive owned. I can quickly sharpen in
the feild and wiith out taking the blades
off if needed.Im learning to like this
little tool.Safety glasses always
TM

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I came up with a setup for grinding my blades to the factory angle which cost me maybe $60.00 including the delta bench grinder. So far it seems to work fine. I do agree though there is probally no substitute for a dedicated blade grinder.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You need the zip mate with rotozip.
Also dont buy from tv adds. Home depo
and sears have them at much cheaper pri
ces. Its not the endall tool that rotozip
tries to make them out to be.Like i said
im liking it better every day.Sharpens
blades very well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
we use 4.5" hand grinder with blade in vise. this is the quickest way we have found. once you get the hang of it keeping the angle is a sinch. also when blades are off we scrape decks. p.s. we also use the jungle jack which is offered by the same co. that does the jungle wheels and we love it. the jungle rack for trailors is cool too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey guys who makes the best dedicated mower blade grinder and what model is it and how much does it cost???thanx in advance...

·
Registered
57 Posts
we bought a neary blade grinder once for almost $400 and sold it after using only two times for $200. we use a 4.5" hand grinder and have found it to be the best thing out there for in shop sharpening. we have not tried the rotozip for on the road sharpening (we carry extra set of sharp blades for each machine). but in the shop i dont know of anything else that can hold a candle to the makita hand grinder and vise method. anyone else doing this?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use a Makita 4" grinder and the vice method. A friend of mine told me to use sanding discs instead of the regular grinding wheel. It works great. The sanding disc(I think it's 36 grit) seems to follow the contour of the blade much better. Very happy with the end results.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I change 18 blade every day and have come up with the best way to sharpen with a hand grinder. I started out with a 4.5 grinder and now use a 7" ginder. I begin with a vise but took to long putting in and taking out. Now I had my weld shop to make a table just for blade grinding. It has a 1 inch tall shaft that goes through the center hold and a stop that the blade goes back into. this keeps it from turning and tipping down. Pressure from the grinder on the blade keeps it in place and when you're done just turn a 1/4 turn and remove. Also had rods welded to table to hold unground baldes plus sharpened baldes. Can sharpen a blade in about 30 seconds if not too dull or nicked up. 7" grinder works better than the 4.5 for it keep the wide bevel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.