Blade Issues

sport2426

LawnSite Member
I bought a Z554 – there’s only 1 blade available for this machine (it's nuts). And NO GATOR BLADE OPTION. No OEM. I can’t get a set of Gator Blades for this unit anywhere.

Question…. This is my options for fall.

1) Buy a 19inch blade ½ in. Take it to a machine shop and have them bore a hole to 5/8?
2) Buy a 18 & ¾ blade and deal with it for clean ups?

Can’t believe I can’t find a 19 in gator blade that’s 5/8. Thoughts?

Breezmeister

LawnSite Silver Member
OP
S

sport2426

LawnSite Member

Jeff Blackston

LawnSite Member
Thanks Breezmeister! I looked at that exact blade up this morning. https://www.jthomasparts.com/302-636-toothed-blade
Yep thats the blade Im going to get it.

Thats my only option. or run 3 - 1/4 shorter blades. It's for fall leaves only.
Sport2426
Can you give a report on the Stens mulch blade? I have a Z554 and was hankering to get a G6, only to find out that they weren't available. Only the G3... so I'm curious to find out your experiences.
Thanks!
Jeff

OP
S

sport2426

LawnSite Member
Hey Jeff,
You know what I did find a set blades that did work. Because Oregon didn’t list this blade 95-095 in the directory. I was complaining about it to my local dealer and about that issue and he was like I can find a blade for you a Blade for it. I’m like no… I called the place from where I bought it at SLE in Nashville. Contacted Husqvarna, contacted Stens. Look through Oregons catlaoge ….Nothing.. . My local rep says “yeah we got em”. So now I have 3 sets in the garage.

Model # 95-095 525525901!!! It's NOT 5 STAR!! It's 5/8 center hole
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/mower-blade,-19"/p/95-095
It’s the PZT mulch blade for the old Husqvarna model. Works great on our Z554!

Are you saying Oregon isn’t making them anymore?

Last edited:

Jeff Blackston

LawnSite Member
Hey Jeff,
You know what I did find a set blades that did work. Because Oregon didn’t list this blade 95-095 in the directory. I was complaining about it to my local dealer and about that issue and he was like I can find a blade for you a Blade for it. I’m like no… I called the place from where I bought it at SLE in Nashville. Contacted Husqvarna, contacted Stens. Look through Oregons catlaoge ….Nothing.. . My local rep says “yeah we got em”. So now I have 3 sets in the garage.

Model # 95-095 525525901!!! It's NOT 5 STAR!! It's 5/8 center hole
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/mower-blade,-19"/p/95-095
It’s the PZT mulch blade for the old Husqvarna model. Works great on our Z554!

Are you saying Oregon isn’t making them anymore?
I checked the Oregon catalog and didn't find the G6, so I reached out to the Oregon tech folks, and sent them my mower info, and was told they didn't make a G6 to fit the mower (Z554).

Here is what Oregon folks said:

Here are the blades we have for your mower:

OP
S

sport2426

LawnSite Member
You cant use the G6 it's an 18" blade. I mean you can..... But it will be short. You need 3 19in blades to be a perfect fit. What's your email address? I'll send you photos of what I got labels and all. Your photos dont show up.

Johnagain

LawnSite Senior Member
You can always have a machine shop make a 5/8 od X 1/2 id bushing. I had that done for me years ago with a toro blade so I could run 5/8 center holed blades. Used those spacers for years until I replaced mower.