1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blade Recommendations for Scag FreedomZ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by homerlex, Mar 28, 2008.

1. homerlex

homerlex LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hey guys,

I have a Scag freedomZ that I use for residential use (I know this is a commercial forum but you guy are the experts so I figure you might be able to help).

I currently have the stock blades on (#482878) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a comparable or better blade. My dealer want $16 a blade for these. I'm thinking about keeping a spare set of blades around that I can put on while the other set goes out for sharpening (yikes, they want $6 a blade to sharpen them). Since I'll probably only have them sharpened 2x a year it would not be efficient for me to get a dedicated sharpener.

Anyway, any recommedations are much appreciated!

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Any 18" w/ a 5/8" center hole blade will work for your 52" Scag. Thanks
    -Travis

3. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Support your local dealer. His OEM part may be a little higher (it's usually better quality!!) but you are not going to be buying a lot of them and the support of your dealer will be returned when you need service, etc. Support the business inyour own neighborhood!!

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put the MEG MO blades on your mower and sharpen them your self and save a lot of money and have a nice cut with no grass showing on the turf on a normal weekly mowing.