1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blade sharpener and balancer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mindset063, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

I just got a new Oregon blade sharpener. I only paid $190, and i am very pleased with the quality and ease of use. Also, I bought a blade balancer for $1.99. Works just fine. I'm glad I did not buy a balancer for $129, my 2 dollar one works perfect. Anyway, you can get a free catalog from russo power eqipment by going to http://www.russopower.com. Russo is where I got these things.

2. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

Can you post a picture of it?

3. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

here is a pic of the Oregon[​IMG]

4. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

Thats not bad at all. Nice price also! :clapping:

5. RChris57

RChris57 LawnSite Member

I can't seem to find the Oregon Blade Sharpener on the Russo website.

QUOTE=mindset063]I just got a new Oregon blade sharpener. I only paid $190, and i am very pleased with the quality and ease of use. Also, I bought a blade balancer for $1.99. Works just fine. I'm glad I did not buy a balancer for $129, my 2 dollar one works perfect. Anyway, you can get a free catalog from russo power eqipment by going to http://www.russopower.com. Russo is where I got these things.[/QUOTE]

6. BRAD ROMEO

BRAD ROMEO LawnSite Member

hey guy ,give us some help here.thats a good price. cked the whole site did not find the blade sharpener help!!!!!!!!

7. KeenanB

KeenanB LawnSite Member

Wow! That's a good price on the sharpener. First site that I found with the Oregon mower blade sharpeners had them for $330 and $589!!!!!!

8. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

they sell a bunch of em on ebay too!

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Hate to bust your balls. But sharpen and balance a blade on your $1 balancer and come put the blade on my magnamatic $220 balancer. You will see how much your $1 is a piece of junk. Won't even be close to being balanced.

10. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hey IGBG? In your sig line, what is a "Gaintvac" Truck loader? And why do you say you have "2 idiot employees?

thanks

Hillndale