• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Blade Sharpening

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
I must have been wrong about blade sharpening being boring!!!
Today newspaper headlines:
"BLADE SHARPENING EXCITEMENT SWEEPS US"
SISKLE AND EBERT GIVE BLADE SHARPENING "2 THUMBS UP!!!" oh waite isnt one of them dead?
TV GUIDE: Gives blade sharpening 4 stars adding, "a must read at lawn site.com"
Dan Rather "US ECONOMY SAVED BY NEW BLADE SHARPENING TECHNIQUES" "AND THEY HAVE MORE AT THAT CRAZY LAWNSITE:"WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR TRIMMER HEAD FALL OFF?" WOW BLOWS YOU MIND WHAT THOSE CRAZY KIDS AT LAWNSITE COME UP WITH"
I am very sorry I doubted you guys :)

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
This is about as exciting as the November election. :D

jrblawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Charles,Eric,We do get some good ones here,But thats what make the "world-go-round"As far as blade shapening goes,I just added a RBG-121 and a Rota-matic blade balancer to the shop about two weeks ago..what a great combo.!!!No mower shop will ever touch my blades again.

[Edited by jrblawncare on 09-08-2000 at 03:16 PM]

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
I hear ya, I got the RBG 2181 made by Wall Enterprises this spring and made a balancer out of bearings. This combination sure makes the job a lot easier and closer to fun than it ever was before. :) I also got the grit box and diamond dresser, which cleans up the wheel nice. If you do your own sharpening, this is the way to do it. :D

[Edited by Eric ELM on 09-11-2000 at 07:52 PM]

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I've been eyeing those RBG's for about a year now. $400 for the grinder plus accessories. Need to figure out how to explain to wife that a RBG is better than a hand grinder! I don't think I can hide it in the house.

Kevin

LawnSite Member
Bob as far as hiding in your house, my RBG came with a 2 foot cord, but with an extension cord your possibilities are endless!!!!