77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gravely 260
and the PTO switch keeps shorting out. blades just stoped working one day
brought it in they said it was the clutch so they put a new one on
I picked it up ran it for 5 minutes and the mower shut off it blew a fuse
put the fuse in it, it starts up and then blades wont turn on
brought it in they thought it was a oil leak shorting somthing out
so they said they fixed that put a new pto in I picked it up ran it for 5 minutes and same thing so this time my dealer said maybe it was a bad clutch shorting out the pto so he put another one in same thing happend
so I'm really over this I bring the mower to another shop that doesn't work on gravelys but they looked at it anyway they don't know what to do So I orderd the whole wire harness planing on puting that on today

If it doesn't work what should I do??? my dealer is pretty much giving up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am having the exact same problem the only thing is that i have a toro z master 25hp kohler what i found out was it was a bad regulator the recitifier regular you may have a voltage regulator the way you can tell is to see if the wire is comming from the fuse and going stright to the regulator if it is this should be your problem hope this helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i had the same problem and my cluch bolt got broke off so it just spun and was pulling on the wires on the cluch

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
Hmmm, Did anyone think to change out the PTO/seat relay ?

If it doesn't work what should I do??? my dealer is pretty much giving up.
You could load it up and drive 185 miles N.W. and I'll repair it.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.