1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bleach mix for mildew on house trim

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by grassmasterswilson, Mar 6, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'm a lawn guy looking for help on my personal home.

I have some mildew and grime building on the trim of my brick home. What's the best none pressure wash way to go?

Was thinking a 4:1 water to household bleach spray would work. Spray it, let it sit, and hose it off.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i was always taught to stay away from bleach, being it affects any termite treat put around the perimeter of a home.

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Not to disagree but if that were the case termite guys would put a stipulation in their contracts that would void warranty if bleach was used on the home. No such clause is in my contract with Terminex.

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I use diluted outdoor bleach and house wash all the time on my home. The heavy areas will need a little scrubbing to remove all of it.

5. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

I concur with Russell. Allow the mix to dwell on the trim for 10-15 minutes or so and it should clean up fine. (Don't allow it to dry during this dwell time)

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend the liquid from the pool store. The concentration is higher and usually contains a little algaecide that will give some after effect too. Always wet the area first and work your way UP not down.
    Posted via Mobile Device