• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Blind man using a trimmer!

GSO LAWNEN4CER

LawnSite Senior Member
This is what comes to mind every time I see a guy using a trimmer without safety glasses.Its not if you’re gonna get hit in the eye,it’s when. Passed a guy today edging without safety glasses. Started wondering how hard is it to learn braille? How bad would it suck to never see another beautiful woman? Or to never drive a car or ride the motorcycle. Even the cheapest $3.99 safety glasses are better than nothing. Some people don’t value their sight. Oh-well. His eyes not mine. Carry on.

Hvlc

LawnSite Member
I always keep the following in my rig

eyewash station mounted on the wall
Sanitizing supplies
First aid kit (no, not a roll of duct tape)
Ear plugs
Ear muffs
Lots!! Of safety glasses
Suntan spray
Bug spray

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Ya, take safety glasses seriously. Just the other day, shot a walnut out my Z discharge, ricocheted off a tree, and hit me in the lip. Big fat lip, bled. If that were my eye....

DMT29

LawnSite Member
Worked at a machine shop when I was in school. CNC finished it's cycle and guy opens the door and starts blowing off the part and fixture. Metal shavings in his eye. Rushed to emergency. Has nothing to do with lawn mowing. Point is it can happen that fast.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I’ve seen guys smoking cigs while they trim with no eye protection