1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blower comparison? Close or not at all?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Jun 20, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I'm in the market for a new blower to clear off cart paths of clippins, leaf removal in the fall. It will be used about maybe an hour a day to clear cart paths, that's about it.

I'm considering a Echo PB-403. How does this blower compare to the blower that I mistakenly sold when I sold the business.....a Redmax eb7001?

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

honestly, No Contest. The only echo that comes close to a Eb7001 is the pb650/pb750

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You need to step up to the PB-650!!

Tons of power and very quiet...all we use now.

If money is the issue, the PB-403 will do a nice job but does not have the power of the PB-650...any Echo backpack is a good purchase in my book! (The Redmax is a good blower as well but it does not put out the CFM of the PB-650)

4. rockcreeklawnser.

rockcreeklawnser. LawnSite Member

I just bought the echo pb 650 abput 3 weeks ago. I give it about the same kind of use that you described. I did not know what a blower was until I bought this one! Incredible power!

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought a echo PB-750T a few weeks ago. It was a little pricey (for a part timer) but i really like it. and it'll make my life a h3ll of a lot easier in the fall with the leaves.

6. BSDeality

btw, a pb-750 is the exact same model as a pb-650 except it's got a huge air filter on it.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Do the PB-650/750 have tube mounted throttle? I'm looking at the 403 mainly because it has tube mounted throttle, but yet I don't need a big as blower as the 650/750. Opinions?

8. BSDeality

i believe you can get them with or without tube mounted throttles. I have a tube mounted one with the throttle lock at any rpm.

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I also noticed it has electric start???

10. BSDeality

I don't think there is an option for electric start.

here's a good spec's chart on the Echo backpack blowers.