Lawn Care Forum banner

Blower guidance needed ASAP

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Alan0354 
#1 ·
I am opening a lawn care business this spring and am purchasing my equipment now. For a few months I've planned on getting a BR600 blower but I just read quite a few posts on here talking about how unreliable and how often the blowers have issues.

Can I get some suggestions on other GOOD blowers as well as thoughts on the BR600?
Thanks

#3 ·
Most all blowers have "issues" but make sure your dealer can take care of it! he new echo 770 is a hoss and the shindy 8520 is just as good but a little more heavy. The redmax 8100 or even the 7100 are also good blowers.

#5 · (Edited)
Price, weight, power and reliability usually do not go together. If you want ultra reliable blower, go with the less than top power blowers like Shindy EB630, Echo PB755, Redmax EBZ7001, Stihl BR420, Kawi KRB750/Maruyama BL8100 etc. But if you have a lot of grass, it might be a little slower. Like cars, given everything else equal, a 4 door family car is going to last a little longer than a sports car that everything is tuned for performance. Also noise and power go hand in hand.

JMHO

I bought the Maru BL8100 instead of waiting for Shindy EB802 at the time because of that.

#7 ·
My BR600 is awesome! I only bought it last fall, but its the best blower I have run yet. And I have two stihl dealers about 30 minutes from me that are both great dealers. I have no problem running stihl, I know if something goes wrong my dealer will stand behind me 100%.

#9 ·
love my BR600, no problems that have to do specifically with that blower. I used to say that i wouldnt buy anything but a redmax for my blower but after owning this i have to say that i would probally purchase it again. Got a great deal at the time, thats the only reason why i switched

#10 ·
The new BR600s don't have a lot of the problems that the old ones had. I will buy another one if the one I bought in 2005 ever needs to be replaced. You do have to adjust the valves once every couple of years if you're an average user. It takes a $1.00 special feeler gauge from Stihl and 15 minutes. Other than that you treat them the same as you would any 2 stroke.

#11 ·
I have not heard of any problems with the EB802. This unit is very powerful and I have not heard of any issues with them for the nearly two years they have been on the market; a reliable and fairly strait forward 2 cycle design...

#12 ·
The new BR600s don't have a lot of the problems that the old ones had. I will buy another one if the one I bought in 2005 ever needs to be replaced. You do have to adjust the valves once every couple of years if you're an average user. It takes a $1.00 special feeler gauge from Stihl and 15 minutes. Other than that you treat them the same as you would any 2 stroke.
Its amazing how that little adjustment brings back the power.

#13 ·
Get a br600 or echo 770
The new BR600 magnum w/ better lifters needs less maintenance was a great blower before is even better now,
just like the echo 755 was a great blower its now better and just called 770 now its the same engine as 755 w/ better features(air filter, more cfm. quieter, vented back etc..)
The shindy 8520 is powerful my buddys got 3 of them,
I dont like them they have a slow throuttle response and are a lil heavy

#14 · (Edited)
Get a br600 or echo 770
The new BR600 magnum w/ better lifters needs less maintenance was a great blower before is even better now,
just like the echo 755 was a great blower its now better and just called 770 now its the same engine as 755 w/ better features(air filter, more cfm. quieter, vented back etc..)
The shindy 8520 is powerful my buddys got 3 of them,
I dont like them they have a slow throuttle response and are a lil heavy
Yes, well the 8520 is also a 4 cycle engine like the Stihl. The Echo 770 and the Shindaiwa EB802 are 2 cycles. I know the 755 had few problems reported and i would expect the same for the 770 but it is new. The EB802 also has very few problems reported. I own an EB802 and it is very powerful and starts on second pull every time, 95 degrees or 15 degrees. The Redmax 7001 also has a great reputation for durability my understanding is that the Redmax 8001 though very good and very powerful is not as durable as the 7001.
Though I have heard more reported problems for the Redmax (specifically the 8001) and the Stihl BR600, I would still consider them both generally reliable and powerful units. They are very popular and maybe they have more complaints because they have sold more units?? Honestly, I think that all of the machines are good units and will serve you well.

#15 ·
Yes, well the 8520 is also a 4 cycle engine like the Stihl. The Echo 770 and the Shindaiwa EB802 are 2 cycles. I know the 755 had few problems reported and i would expect the same for the 770 but it is new. The EB802 also has very few problems reported. I own an EB802 and it is very powerful and starts on second pull every time, 95 degrees or 15 degrees. The Redmax 7001 also has a great reputation for durability my understanding is that the Redmax 8001 though very good and very powerful is not as durable as the 7001.
Though I have heard more reported problems for the Redmax (specifically the 8001) and the Stihl BR600, I would still consider them both generally reliable and powerful units. They are very popular and maybe they have more complaints because they have sold more units?? Honestly, I think that all of the machines are good units and will serve you well.
They all have new and improved replacements. We'll give it 2 years and see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.