1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

blower not getting gas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Aug 22, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have a craftsman blower that has been sitting around, its not my main one as for that I have an eb630 but anyways the craftsman blower isn't getting gas. It will only run on full choke. I tried taking off the fuel filter to see if that was clogged and it still didn't work. I also tried taking off the air filter to see if that was the problem and that didn't work. Anyone have any more ideas?

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your lines, and make sure none of them are leaking. I had a craftsment chainsaw that someone gave me. They couldn't get it running, so I checked it out, and the fuel line had basically discentegrated. I replaced it and it ran a little bit, but I forgot to put a fuel filter on it, so the carb is probably full of crap now.

3. ikesleeping

ikesleeping LawnSite Member

Might try blowing air in every carberator orfice you can find,sometimes when they have set a while the gas thickens up and clogs the passageways and blowing them will sometimes give a quick fix

4. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have experienced the same problem in the past. You need to take the carb apart, soak it, blow it out, and re-assemble. It is definitely a gummed up carb.