Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this has been hashed out before. Was hoping to get feedback from actual users of these two models, as I'm fairly sure these are the two top of the line models, and I want the best. The 7001 is about $60.00 cheaper than the 750, and I've heard great things about this unit. On the other hand, I have two Echo BP Blowers now, and am very satisfied with both, just ready to replace 2 of my 3 with a brand new one, and like I said, I want the best of the best. Please advise, and thanks.

~Nest

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The "ultimate" is only on top until someone makes a better one. I own a 750 and love it. I can't comment on the Redmax but a lot of people also seem to love it. My point is, your decision cold boil down to dealer support. It's more important than most people think.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Shindiawa. I like it better than both. I have always used the most powerful blowers I can find .I ran Vandermollen for 20yrs. but the quality went down and the price went up to $775. The new shins are the only blower I.ve used that comes close to a Vandermollen Windmill. The new Echos are about the same power as an shin , soit's a toss up on which one you like . Can't comment on Redmax
cause there aren't any dealers around.
Steve

·
Registered
701 Posts
Originally posted by steve225
Shindiawa. I like it better than both. I have always used the most powerful blowers I can find .I ran Vandermollen for 20yrs. but the quality went down and the price went up to $775. The new shins are the only blower I.ve used that comes close to a Vandermollen Windmill. The new Echos are about the same power as an shin , soit's a toss up on which one you like . Can't comment on Redmax
cause there aren't any dealers around.
Steve
Shindiawa and Redmax are basically the same blower. They have the same motor on both. I own both shindiawa and redmax. I like the redmax better because it has a better air filter and has screen so the leaves don't clog the intake like on a shindiawa.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, gents. I really appreciate all the replies. Found the Redmax for $479.00, guess I'll pick it up today.

I've always been a Shindaiwa fan, have the T270, and just got the new 261 Stick edger, BUT, the thing bogs down, and hesitates when I pull the trigger. When I really need the power, it's not there. VERY unlike Shindaiwa, I'm wondering if I got a dud, or maybe after a tank or two of fuel maybe it will clear up? I'ts supposed to be the best, most powerful stick, but, alas, I don't see it. Any suggestions?

And, again, thanks for all the feedback on the blowers.

~Nest

·
Registered
525 Posts
Originally posted by ElephantNest
Ok, gents. I really appreciate all the replies. Found the Redmax for $479.00, guess I'll pick it up today.

I've always been a Shindaiwa fan, have the T270, and just got the new 261 Stick edger, BUT, the thing bogs down, and hesitates when I pull the trigger. When I really need the power, it's not there. VERY unlike Shindaiwa, I'm wondering if I got a dud, or maybe after a tank or two of fuel maybe it will clear up? I'ts supposed to be the best, most powerful stick, but, alas, I don't see it. Any suggestions?

And, again, thanks for all the feedback on the blowers.

~Nest
You probably have the exhaust screen plugged with carbon. Remove screen from muffler and clean.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Elephant...

you bought a new EPA shindaiwa and they don't run anything liek the older ones...less power by far...

If you did not but the blower yet get the Echo...the most powerful and quieter than the RedMax which makes a BIG difference in the long run!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Both the Red Max EB7001 and the Echo 650 are very good blowers. The Red Max is 3 lbs lighter weight and has a very large remote air filter. Both are similar is air volume, but 3 lbs adds up at the end of a day. Good luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've never run the Echo.. but I love my Redmax, and the "air conditioned" back pad actually is a nice little plus during a long cleanup.........
now if only someone would make a blower with electric start................

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not at all hard to start...... 1st or 2nd pull....... but it would be nice to be able to shut it down, and re-fire it on your back....:D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by Buba
Yes, that is correct. The Echo 750 does not blow as much as the Echo 650 and the Redmax does if not more.
I've never run a 650 and 750 side by side... but they are absolutely identical motors and hardware with the exception of the padded straps and bigger air filters as far as i know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Navig8r

I can reach around and pull the cord on my my RedMax 7001 while it's on my back and start it. I don't guess it's the best thing for the rope but it's not something that I do very often.

As for starting this is the best piece of 2 cycle equipment I have, starts 1st pull every time.....

Later
Kelly

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.