Lawn Care Forum banner

Which blower should I get?

• Echo PB-255LN

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Husqvarna 125B

Votes: 8 61.5%

Blowers: Echo PB-255LN or Husqvarna 125B?

32K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  john_bud 
#1 ·
Yep, another handheld blower thread. However, I am only interested in the Echo PB-255LN and Husqvarna 125B, of which the former is not frequently discussed here (or anywhere else on the web).

I am a homeowner that will use this for driveway cleanup once per week for 5-10 minutes, maybe blow out the garage, dry the car, etc. I do not have many large trees on my property, so I usually mow/mulch any leaves into the turf in the fall. I don't need a backpack blower, nor do I want to pay the price for one.

I have an Echo dealer 2 minutes from the house. The Husqvarna dealer is about 30 minutes way (neither are big box stores). I'm in a rural area, so some of the other popular brands like Redmax, Shindaiwa, Tanaka, and Makita are hard to find.

A big selling point for me is easy access to OEM parts, either from a dealer or online.

I have no interest in dealing with Stihl. They make fine products, but unless someone is selling a LNIB Stihl BG86 for $100, I'm not interested.

I'm not interested in electric units or the disposable Wal-mart stuff.

The 125B has a reputation for good reliability and decent performance at a very good price.

What has me looking at the PB-255 is the parallel second handle. I have a bit of arthritis in my arms and feel this might be a worthwhile feature. But, if the PB-255 is a poor performer, I'll rough it with the 125B.

The PB-255 is $200 and the 125B is $150.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just worked on 2 Husky 125's. I was impressed with the power they had. Haven't used the Echo--mines the older model with 21cc motor. The 28cc Husky was considerably more powerful than my smaller Echo.

I work on a lot of eqipment, and in my opinion, Echo is by far the easiest brand to find parts. I order most of my parts online, and just about every parts supplier carrys parts for Echo

#3 ·
They are both equally good blowers but the husky has always been considered the most bang for the buck handheld. I know that the Stihl bg86 is more money and probably the reason why you are not considering it but be aware that Stihl makes some other lower priced handheld blowers. Glynn is correct, it is easier to find parts for echo than husky.

#5 ·
i use the husky 125b and its on its 4th year and i'm finally putting a spark plug in it, i have no complaints and use it daily. it has always started on the 3rd pull, it has plenty of power. i like it so much i am considering a 125bx for its vaccuum to help with some flower beds. i can't say anything on the echo as i have never used one but they have a strong reputation as well.

#8 ·
I have to admit I needed a blower near the end of last year. My local dealer matched Home Depots price on the Smaller Echo (forget the model). It is really a nice blower for $150. I use it on about 30 residentials and 1-2 commercial properties each week. I think if I had employees I would get something tougher. My philosophy is to make sure I run it full throttle most of the time and don't leave gas in it more than a few weeks. I want to do more reading on here but I think the dang gubmints ethanol really has poor effects on 2 cycle equipment.

Z

#9 ·
Thank you to all who replied with useful feedback.

I visited a local mower shop yesterday that sells both brands. They did not have a PB-255LN on hand, but they did have the 125B, PB-250, and the 125BVx (the blower-vac version of the 125B). The 125BVx has the second handle similar to what the PB-255 has, a rubber overmold grip (that the PB-255 does have, but the 125B and PB-250 do not have), plus it is less expensive than the PB-255 and offers the vac feature too. I left with the 125BVx.

They assembled it, filled it with fuel, and ran through the starting and operation procedure with me, which was unexpected and very nice of them. I paid a little extra compared to buying it from a big box or from Amazon, but it's good to support local businesses - especially if they may be servicing that item in the future.

#11 ·
Husqvarna 125b is a great blower, it's the same as a redmax. I have a 125b and many other husqvarna products and they are all great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.