1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Blue Bird Power Rake?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SER, Mar 1, 2006.

1. SER

SER LawnSite Member

Hi all. Does anyone have any information on the Blue Bird Power Rake de- thatcher. I need to know if they are good machines, and if I should get one with a bag or without. The one I was looking at is a Blue Bird with a bag. It has a Honda engine on it. Has anyone had any experience with these machines? Any help you could give would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    SER:)

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bluebird with a bag, briggs powered - very nice unit.
    From the experience my company has had with this machine you should be okay.
    Check to make sure the up-date kit has ben installed, something to do with the belt tensioning guide relocated.
    I deal with only warm season grasses, stuff so tough no one wants to mess with - and the Bluebird is alright with it!
    The bag is definately the way to go.

3. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

i Have a briggs & straton with out the bag
    i just love it it works good and for clean up helper goes
    behind me with the billy goat lawn vac
    it does not take long to do a yard payup

4. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have used the Blue bird, I liked them, did a good job, and they were nice and light. I have a billy goat rake on order right now just because thats what my dealer sells.

I would still reccomone the Blue Bird. I have never triedthe bagger style though.