1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

blue books for mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by genebrewer3, Apr 7, 2002.

1. genebrewer3

genebrewer3 LawnSite Member

l'm wondering if they're are blue books for used mowers (like the ones used for autos.) I bought a 2001 Ferris walk-behind for 3900. The dealer said it had about 200 hrs but when I got a hold of the previous owner and he said it had 80 at the most. 52" deck dual hydro. I also found out that that original owner bought the mower from the same dealer for 4000$ new a year earlier. I know this isn't' a lot of depreciation over a 1 year period but I'm thinking the guy got a great deal to begin with(damn salesmen!!, they always make you think you're getting a great deal!!!) So anyway does anyone know what kind of deal this sounds like and is there such a thing as a blue book for mowers. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

3. marc

marc LawnSite Member

When I was at the expo last year in Louisville, there was a booth set up that had a used mower price guide that you could buy. I don't know who it was off the top of my head but I do remember looking up the values on my equipment while I was there.

4. duke

duke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

loook at mower consultant post thats the company that was there