Bluetooth earbuds (totally wireless)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by excav8ter, Nov 23, 2019.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

Hey everyone. I don't get on here nearly as much as I used to, but I wanted to come here and ask a question.
    I mostly run a Kobelco 140, Takeuchi TB260 and 290, and brand new Takeuchi TL8.
    My question is this.... what wireless earbuds or over the ear headphones have you used, and which do you find to be the best?
    I have been using the Jabra 65T for 2.5 years and they have been great. Phone calls are quite clear, even in the TL8 with the windows closed. The excavators and dump truck they are no problem for the person on the other end of the call.
    Jabra just came out with the new 75T and I bought a set. In a nutshell, they ROCK for listening to movies and music, but the phone call quality is pretty poor. So much so that I am bringing them back today. I may give the Jabra 85H a try, even though I'd rather not have an over the ear headphone.
    I am looking for something better for plowing snow in my new TL8 this year, as well as for the rest of the year.

Thanks much.

2. HD-Lawncare

HD-Lawncare LawnSite Member

I bought a pair of Insignia (Best Buy’s brand) of Bluetooth “necklace style” earbuds. I wanted a set of noise cancelling that didn’t break the bank, so for $80 they were my best option. I paid $200 for the comparable Jabra set and had issues with them breaking up and losing connection. The insignias have been awesome and do a good job of blocking out my mowers noise. Price has gone down, so worth a shot
    https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-CAHBTEBNC-B/6261720

Anthony Divit likes this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Has any one tried the noise cancelling air buds?

Cam15 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I have only used the Jabra 65T and a pair of 3M bluetooth headphones (over the ear).
    I've had good luck with the Jabra 65T for all around usage.

Cam15 likes this.
  5. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Bronze Member

I've tried a bunch, and never liked any until these. Mostly for listening, but idled down no one seems to complain during a call.
    Ruckus Discord Bluetooth Earplug Earbuds | OSHA Compliant Wireless Noise Reduction in-Ear Headphones : Isolating Ear Plug Earphones$60 on amazon
    Plus they stay connected all day, using I heart or serius xm. Keep the noise down while operating mowers and Dingo. Held up for 6 months so far, better than all the others I've tried.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking about getting a set till I saw the price....

7. TPendagast

Male

Well they ARE Designed to connect a phone that’s $1000 bucks , so...

kemco and Cam15 like this.
  8. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

my hearing aids are bluetooth capable.. i really like that!

Cam15 likes this.
  9. TPendagast

Male

For real?

can you tune stuff out you DONT want to listen to?

like you can’t hear your wife but that dudes phone conversation across the hall comes in clear??

lol

Doc8406 and Cam15 like this.
  10. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

:nod: for real but i don't have a wife.. so that is a moot issue

Cam15 likes this.