1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

BlueYellow

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cadsystems, May 9, 2007.

1. cadsystems

cadsystems LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used BlueYellow before? For some reason I thought it made more sense to use this product instead of buying seed/fertilizer/straw. I thought I only needed 6 few rolls since I was only doing my front yard that was regraded but it ended up taking 10 rolls in total. We are watering it and after I did some calculations I could have just used SOD, but was warned against SOD since we do not have water sprinklers. Let me know if we made a mistake by using this product?

Thanks
    JL

2. cadsystems

So far, I'm impressed. We had Germination on day 6, today it has germinated abou 85% of what we laid down. There are still a couple of spots that we are waiting on. It looks like a 5 o'clock shadow about right now. We're still watering 3 times a day and we had a "gully washer" saturday night, I woke up expecting to see it all washed away but it held pretty well. There were some drainage areas that eroded the product a little but all in all it held together pretty well. We are supposed to get another rain tomorrow, hopefull that will help it a bit more, because I've notice regular water from the tap is not as nutrituous as rain water. I'll keep those interested updated, so far I haven't heard from anyone on here if they have had any experience with the product. My coworker said his neighbor used it and he had a nice lawn by week 3. I hope our temps hold out for a couple of more weeks so the grass can get a good hold before it gets too hot.

3. cadsystems

Week 2, still looking good. There are 2 rows that are still a little slower than the rest, but it looks like it's working. Watering 3 times a day still. I can't wait until full lawn is back and I can go back to watering twice a day.

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures would be nice since I have no idea what Blue yellow is.

5. cadsystems

Here is the website for the product, I will post my pics when I get them off my camera, check back tomorrow and I should have some posted. I have the different phases of my project this is week 2 1/2 hopefully by week 6 if the heat stays away I can show the final result. The grass looks farely good at this point, it needs to fill in a bit and the 2 rows that are slow to germinate need to catch up.

http://www.blueyellowhome.com/all_about_blueyellow.php

6. cadsystems

This is what I have from Week 1. I'll get some shots of Week 2 1/2 this afternoon from the same location. Maybe some other locations.

FrontYard 001.jpg

7. cadsystems

Here is week 2 pictures.

FrontYard 001 (Small).jpg

FrontYard 003 (Small).jpg