Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I finished up this afternoon, I was close by the local Kubota dealer so I thought I would swing by to see if a ZD28 w/60" pro deck had came in yet. Well it had not, but the dealer now has several new Bob-Cats in.

I looked at a price tag on one out of curiosity and to my surprise it read $6,995. Now get this, the tag was attached to a ZT-223, which is a 23hp Kawi unit. This one had a 61" deck, suspension seat and a canister air filter on the Kawi.

Compared to my Kees, the deck looked rather shallow, and with the 23/61 combo it might be a tad weak, but otherwise it seemed to be a very nice package for the money.

I just thought I would post this for those that might be looking for a nice package at a bargain price v/s other brands. If you are searching for that fall season bargain, you might want to take one for a spin to see how it does.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
My dealer is offering a Ferris 1000Z (no independent suspension) with a 23 hp kawi, 61 inch deck for $6100. Not too shabby IMO...

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
My first ZTR was a Bobcat. It was a great machine , and even back in 96, when I bought it, it was priced well below other brands. That was one tough, dependable machine. If we still had any dealers around here, I would still be running bobcats.
dougmartin2003, Bobcat mowers are not made by the same company as Bobcat construction machinery. They are tough machines though.:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by dougmartin2003
those of us that has work in the construction bussiness knows bobcat is a very good brand
Mowingman is right. Ingersoll Rand - Bobcat is not the same at Textron - Bobcat.

Bunton Guy is also right. The 23hp Kaw has more than enough power for that machine. Personally I would have gone with the Kohler, but that too is a matter of personal preference.

B

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Not to get all eXmark mental here, but I demoed one side by side for a day to my Lazer and there's not really any comparison. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. They are not junk by any means, but quality and overall feel of the machines are far from equivalent.

My dealer carried them for about 4 months and the combination of not moving any and the poor service from the distributor was enough to get rid of the line.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by chariot1964
I agree bobcat is a good mower, I have a 48" wb with 15 kawi
that is a stronger cutting mower than my 52" GD chariot ztr
Chariot
I also have a 48" belt drive bobcat. It is about 5 years old. It is pulling a little to the left. Have you had anything like this happen? I cant figure if it is worn belts or a brake band or what. Please post a reply even if you don't have this problem. I also need suggestions on what it might be.

Thanks David :)

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I don't own a Lazer, but after demoing one, I can safely say they are truly great machines. I love my TTHP and believe Exmark makes a solid product. As far as Bobcat (Ingersoll Rand) skid steers go, check out Cat, you'd be surprised.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new to this site but i've been running bobcats for a year now and I live in Walker country,but i would have to say that bobcats have them all beat hands down.My friend owns a ope so i see what comes in the most and it isnt the bobcats so if you haven't tried them give them a shot.

Bobcat2003

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.