1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bob Cat Gear Drive?? How much do you ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cowhopper6811, Apr 30, 2002.

1. cowhopper6811

cowhopper6811 LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm a 15 year old kid who got him self into a lot of work... i currently cut 18 lawns/week or when ever it gets done. ... but i dont have the time to do it with school... and befor last week.. i was doing it witha 21 craftsman... witch didn't do that job... ..

my friend is selling a 36" bob cat... i have it now..... and i brought it to a macanic to ask him how much he thinks its worth... he said that it works fine.... but the eangin ... (can't spell me stupid) ... had a rod in the block or something...... and that it could break in the next six weeks... or work for the next ten years...

My friend says that its a 14hp Kawsakia.. 36" cut.... and its 3 years old

How much do you think it is worth?

2. MHubes

MHubes LawnSite Member

How many hours do you think it has on it? Generally in good shape, I'm assuming? A new one will cost you about $2600

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

My used bobcat 36 beltdrive was $1400 and it was in really great shape (and I am in the same area as you). I would think that the range could go between $800 and $1500 or so for a decent machine. Newer being at the top of the price range.