1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Fastcat Pro 61

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mac B., Jun 16, 2010.

1. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Does anyone run a Fastcat 61 here? I have done a search already and most of the posts were old. I did not not know if anyone had any long term feed back or not. I am debating on getting the Fastcat pro 61 or the Procat 61.

Thanks Mac

2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got home from demoing a ProCat 52" with 29HP Kaw. Will use it some more tomorrow. It is a mid-size frame mower, and is very nimble and quick. Doesn't hold a slope as well as the JD 925 I demoed, but is as good as my JD 830. It takes a hill very well and doesn't bog down at all going up a steep slope. Going straight down the slope is very controllable and I was able to stop mid-slope and hold it there without any problem. As far as the cut goes, it doesn't hold a candle to either of the JD 7-iron Pro decks. On the yard I cut today, there is bermuda sod around the house, and field grasses farther out. It did a good job on the bermuda, but did not cut the field grasses (mostly bahia) very well at all and required at least one to two more passes to get a good cut. I thought I was going to be testing a tiger, but it's really a pretty tame cat. Don't get me wrong, it seems to be a very good mower, just not what I was expecting, and certainly not up to what I am used to, the John Deere Ztrak 830, or the 925. I also tested out a Husqvarna PZ 54/25 and liked it's cut better than the ProCat. Just my thoughts. Will get a better idea tomorrow after using it for about 4-5 more hours.

3. KyleOH

KyleOH LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I run a 61 Procat here and love it. I am at 1100 hours now without issue. 10lb in the tires and it climbs like a tank. I even have the older 680kawi 23 and it does a fine job. You will mostly see bobcat around here, our local dealer is great and a few minutes from the house, always has parts in stock blades belts etc.

4. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. No one else has the Fastcat Pro 61 on here?? I am more intrested in this model because of the lower price.

Mac

5. tcshort

tcshort LawnSite Member
    from fl

i have the fast cat pro 61 23hp vanguard .hadn't had any problems with it good cut and its fast.i cut a 1.30 acre that was like 2 feet tall grass with no problem grate mower for the money..