1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat Hydro Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by longpointlandscape, Jun 12, 2006.

1. longpointlandscape

longpointlandscape LawnSite Member

Hi I have an older Bobcat Hydro WB. When the unit gets hot and I shut it off to take a break the right hydro doesn't want to engage fully. It is really slow and makes a clicking noise. If you let it cool down for about 30 minutes its fine. The right side is also always slow to engage on a hill unless i pull it back to reverse and then drop it into forward. This all started about two weeks ago when I went to a customers house who live out a very bumpy road. When I went to move the machine off the trailer it wouldn't move at all and made that clicking noise. I have yet to do anything to the hydro system but am planning on changing the oil/filter in the hydros and changing the belt. I got the purging instructions(thanks guys) and plan on doing it as well. I realize that may be my problem but my question why just the right side. Any input would be great.
    Thanks,
    Micah

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

How many hours are on the wb? I would suggest changing the hydro belt out as it may very well be slipping.

3. longpointlandscape

longpointlandscape LawnSite Member

Its got about 700 hours on it, give or take. I have purging it for about an hour now and it seems to get a little better but not completely. I'll go change the belt now. Thanks