Bobcat laser grader

Nelson M Martin

LawnSite Senior Member
i have one of the Bobcat grader blades....not the box blade
The bobcat salesman checked out for my and says they don't have any conversion kits for different skids.
Not sure on the box blade but i know the grader has a computer on-board the grader that communicates with computer on Bobcat skid loaders.
Another way to tackle it would be asking the Cat department if they have a conversion kit

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
I would consider getting some large tires for your 236 at a min. A tracked machine would be better. When pushing the blade full of material the machine will dig in caused some issues.

OP
I

icex

LawnSite Senior Member
I would consider getting some large tires for your 236 at a min. A tracked machine would be better. When pushing the blade full of material the machine will dig in caused some issues.
I usualy use over the tire metal tracks.

OP
I

icex

LawnSite Senior Member
Pretty sweet that you can grade to .05 tolerance then chew it all up with steel tracks.
Actualy, they don't chew the ground up, but I haven't done any grading with the skid steer with them. Any kind of grading/leveling I've used the excavator's blade.

I got a few jobs last year that could of used this system, so that is why I'm asking about it. I wonder if anyone else makes any that would work with cat?

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
Actualy, they don't chew the ground up, but I haven't done any grading with the skid steer with them. Any kind of grading/leveling I've used the excavator's blade.

I got a few jobs last year that could of used this system, so that is why I'm asking about it. I wonder if anyone else makes any that would work with cat?
These systems can be adapted to any skid steer. The make of the skid steer really doesn't matter. Unless you wanted to go with the BC set up. However there is no reason to. Trimble-Apache and Lieca I know have systems that can adapt to any machine there might be others.

jmacd

LawnSite Senior Member
If you can use a dozer you can use this system.

I own one of these and welded a mast to the blade and use any rotating laser and the Leica target mounts to the mast on the blade using magnets. The target can be used on an excavator stick also. The system is a fraction of the Bob Cat system.

The operator has to make the blade adjustments but once you get the first pass correct the rest is easy. Make sure the blade is level. Also very nice for grade when you don't want to have an extra employee checking grade.

1/2" is great, we would compact base anyways and you will compact 1/2 away in crusher run. The idea is to use the correct amount of concrete or asphalt.

I don't see why you could not do the same on a skid steer bucket. Weld a mast to the side of the bucket and have at it for $1000.00
MC200.jpg

todd 4.jpg

MC200.jpg

todd 4.jpg

Last edited:

xc2010

LawnSite Member
These systems can be adapted to any skid steer. The make of the skid steer really doesn't matter. Unless you wanted to go with the BC set up. However there is no reason to. Trimble-Apache and Lieca I know have systems that can adapt to any machine there might be others.
This is true local township runs a bobcat angle broom on a case ct440 and they had to make a special harness for the 7 pin, so you can use all the functions on the blade

Lakeside Riverman

LawnSite Member
The laser grader will work on other machines. A kit from Bobcat is available for many machines, but it is not nearly as nice as a Bobcat with a deluxe panel.

It can make an expert grader out of a poor operator.

Worth every penny. Let you competition fight with a crappy manual system, buy a Bobcat with a laser and you will kill him in quote and profit!