1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

bobcat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdbd, Apr 24, 2005.

1. jdbd

jdbd LawnSite Member

going to open up a lawncare supply company and im looking at several different types of lawncare equipment and the bobcat is one can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the bobcat machine :)

2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I run BobCats and love them. My next mower will be a Bobcat when I where the ones I have out. That wont be happening anytime soon. There a top quality commercial machine that cuts great, leaves a great stripe.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcats are a well built machine. There are a lot of good design features w/ self tensioning pulleys, etc. Very easy adjustments and built like tanks. Easy on the operator too.

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'd recommend a bobcat to anyone. Their walkbehinds are great, great machines.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They are far superior mowers.

Sorry, just had to do it for MKWL.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with them. I would demo several mowers before buying anything.

6. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We run a ZT125 bobcat 48" deck with a 25HP Kohler. Great machine well built and leaves a very nice cut.

7. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

They are getting better, the design, idler bushing was a flaw as well as the front casters (bearings) but now all different. I like the cut, have a 98 with 25kohler 2000 hrs and just rebuilt engine. Good machine, although i have never ran a Exmark.??

8. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a bob-cat 219 with a 52" deck and i love it. so far i haven't had a lot of problems with it.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone mulch with theirs???

That new Predator Pro 33hp 61" has my attention because of the POWER!
    [​IMG]

10. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2003 48" Bob-Cat belt drive WB, w/ 15 HP Kawi V-Twin engine and I love it! It is built like a tank and has a fantastic quality of cut and stripe! I would very highly recommend Bob-Cat mowers!