Bobcat mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TPendagast, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

who currently runs bobcat, new ones I mean, with their recent generation?

Been thinking of switching
    Might pick up the line for a dealership.
    Too bad they don't make a 21"
    Toro has them beat on that (the other line I was considering)

2. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Stegs

Stegs LawnSite Member

I do not run the bobcat mowers, however i research them and talked to crews that did use them. They are great mowers for the money

May not have all the latest bells and whistle, but they are solid, reliable mowers that provide a great cut at a affordable price. I was going to buy one but lack of a dealer around me hurt. I ended up with exmark since the dealer is about 15 min from me

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

5. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

6. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah they bought the rights to make those machines and all of the equipment to make them.

I did see the Gravely labelled ones in person. They were very heavy duty and well built.

7. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

I personally have no experience with a bobcat, have sat on several tho. To me you sit high so it seems like that would raise the center of gravity quite a bit. However there are several people around me that run them and several dealers. My friend has one and is always complaining on the cut. Says it doesn't handle wet grass very well and if grass is tall it requires a double cut sometimes even a triple cut. And his is the newer generation of mowers. IDK I have actually consider them several times just because of price but I just keep sticking with scag even though it's almost like they're trying to price them selves out of business haha

8. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

Another thing that has kinda kept me away was they only offer Kawasaki engines now on the procat and predator pro. I'm absolutely not a fan of Kawasaki anymore

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a new 48 walk behind belt drive this year and like it a lot. No more worn out used walkbehinds for a while for me

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  10. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Member

i have two 61 procats. they are a 16 model. I love them. Once you figure out the blades that work best and lift the bahia baffle on the front deck it cuts just as good as any other mower. one mower has close to 300 hrs on it and the other almost 400. Havent had a single problem at all. Holds hills well and does good in damp grass if you run the tires at about 9-10 psi.

hort101 likes this.