1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat older mower NO spark HELP

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ALLPro Landscaping, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I just picked up an older ransom walkbehind.The engine is a kawasaki FB460V. I tried getting it to start, I grounded the spark plug and I have No spark whats so ever. what do you think

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There should be a wire running from under the flywheel cover to a small silver box (igniter) then another wire from it to the kill/safety switches. Disconnect this wire going to the switch(s) then check for spark again.

3. ALLPro Landscaping

I disconected the white wire going to the box, and the red wire going to the saftey switches. still no spark. I also cleaned all the rust off the fly wheel.

4. ALLPro Landscaping

I also regaped the coil to .03 and the spark plug to .07

5. Restrorob

So you still had the wire hooked from the igniter to the coil when you tested ?

Also, Open the coil gap to .010/.012" and the plug to .025".....Is this a new plug ?

6. ALLPro Landscaping

No I disconnected both wires coming from the coil. The way I tested the plug is leaned off the muffler and grounded it to it

7. Restrorob

You can't disconnect the coil from the igniter, Only the wire going to the kill switch. Also use the cylinder/head fins to ground the plug body, Not a rusty muffler.

8. ALLPro Landscaping

Ok im gona go try that.

9. ALLPro Landscaping

Its a fairley new plug

10. ALLPro Landscaping

also how do you recomend me spin the fly wheel to c if their is spark.