1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat or Scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scraps, Sep 7, 2007.

1. scraps

scraps LawnSite Member

I was looking at getting a new Scag walk behind either a 36" advantage or 48" velocity which I hear is excellent at mulching. I recently seen a bobcat 36" ZTR kind of struck my fancy. Thought well that would be nice on those large backyards instead of walking them out. Just wondering if anyone has ever had a Bobcat and are they decent machines. There asking 3999 for the cat and 31 and 3299 for the Scags. Just some opinons would be apprectiated. I have mostly residential but am gaining commercials as I type this. Peace out................

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

There is no comparing the build quality of a SCAG to a Bobcat. The Bobcats never impressed me. Substandard metal thickness, bolts everywhere. Sure, they're a commercial company, but not even close to SCAG.

But your comparing apples to oranges. WB to a ZTR.

3. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Scag 36 or 48 wb. Don't get the 36 Ztr, waste of time IMO. Save the money for a real Ztr with 60" deck or bigger. Scag real good mowers. Good luck.

4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with scag.

5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i run all scags and love em. I my self rather walk more t hat use my rider. I have a 36'', 48'',52'' and 61'' walkbehinds and a 61'' tiger and they are all great.

I have used bobcats and they are great mowers, but find the scags more reliable and cut better.