Bobcat s205

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by arl250, Jan 12, 2018.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

want to get some opinions here. A customer of mine is retired and no longer runs his fence business and has a bobcat s205 in really nice shape around 1500 hrs that will come with a 4 in 1 bucket and set of forks and one of those low to the ground bobcat trailers but the trailer needs a little work. He wants $12900 for everything I feel like that’s a steal so tell me what’s the cons to this machine and things I need to look out for. I have not run it yet just sit in it and looked it over. By the way it is open cab so no air or heat but still after looking at other machines I’m pretty sure this is a great deal

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

If you don’t buy it I will.

RDALawns likes this.
  3. arl250

You’re not the first to tell me that lol... that’s kinda what I figured... luckily I’m the only one who knows who’s got it! Hehe

4. arl250

But other than the price overall is a s205 a good machine?

5. stringfellohawk

stringfellohawk LawnSite Senior Member

If it ain't a Cat, it's a Dawg...but if you don't buy it and Junior M doesn't, I may. No heat and no enclosed cab is a deal breaker for me for where I live. If you're pushing snow with no heat, you might as well be pissing acid on a flat rock.

6. arl250

Haha right now I push snow with a tractor with no cab. Sucks but hey it works but needless to say I don’t push a lot either we don’t have much snow here maybe one or two a season that’s actually worth pushing

7. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I have one, good machine. Pre-emissions stuff is nice, the Kubota motor is a good one. I do like it overall, mines cab heat and AC with deluxe instrutment
    Panel etc etc. 450 hours basically of snow only and a little bit of light dirt and mulch. The older machines that are simpler will hold their value well in years to come

8. arl250

That’s good to hear, haven’t bought it yet my wife went into labor so been in the hospital a few days just got home today so hoping I can get it this week.. guy told me no hurry so whenever. I went and messed with it a little Sunday it’s a very smooth machine and runs great has a hair over 1500 hrs

9. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Congratulations!
    What's the specs on the trailer?
    FYI- I'm always searching local ads in Ontario for equipment. In that price range here you get a 96' 763 Bobcat with 5500 hours and basically bald tires.
    A 205 with high hrs, like 5000 hrs are between 19-23k and pretty beat.

10. arl250

Thanks!
    That’s what you usually find on craigslist in my area too. Just so happens this is a guy I know and work for I bought a older one ton dump from him in the past and he gave me a really good deal on it to however I give him a pretty decent deal on his yard as well lol. But anyway it’s a 10000lb trailer. I’m probably going to put new tires and maybe a new floor and stick it on craigslist. I already have a 12000lb equipment trailer and a 15000 lb dump trailer I can haul it with