1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat walkbehind or John Deere G15

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mac B., Apr 5, 2012.

1. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a used walkbehind and have found 2 in my price range. The bobcat is a 2001 36" belt drive and the other is a newer, about 4 or 5 year old John Deere G15. I have not heard good things about the G15 but it is newer than the bobcat. The bobcat is a home owner mower that is good conditon with the trans being rebuilt 3 years ago. It has a Kohler 14 hp engine and a grass catcher. The G15 is a little more money but it is also a newer mower. Which is the better mower????

Mac

2. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Tttttttt tttttt

3. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Anyone have any ideas?????

4. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the help guys I ended up with the John Deere.

Mac

5. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I asked a similar question on the john deere g15 last week and got zero response also. Ended up buying it and im pretty happy with it. Took a little getting used to, but overall seems to be a good little mower. How do you like yours??

6. CPE

CPE LawnSite Member

Hey guys I know this is an old thread but I'm looking at a 2009 G15 now. I wonder - how do you like it now? And would it be good for a new guy starting out? Or is it too much to handle for a newbie?