• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Bobcat Z Control WB

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience with these I have the opportunity to buy one very cheap but have never operated one. I have used many pistol grip models both belt and hydro but if anyone has one whats your opinion.

jiggz

LawnSite Senior Member
Ive never used one.. but this weekend i was looking at the toro T bar.. its a different set up, but kinda the same, with the placement of your arms/hands....the only thing i don't like.. is the lack of leverage that you really have with pistol grips.. I like how i can lift up the back or front of the mower a foot off the ground at anytime if i have to.. i go over alot of high curbs and ramps to get up to the top of retaining walls..and i like that i have that ability to strong arm the machine that i otherwise wouldnt have... like i said ive personally never used one, its just something to think about.. on flat ground it looks comfortable

OP
lawns Etc

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
I think im going with the Z controls I tried them in the parking lot and they were very comfortable couldnt cut grass as there is 2 ft of snow but I already know how they cut grass.

OP
lawns Etc

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
I had a stander RH48 and it was horrible at rutting and making tracks in wet lawns. I have never lost an account due to quality of work except when using the stander the small footprint putts alot more weight per wheel on the turf. I am switching back to all Walk Behinds as nothing compares to the cut quality, they weigh nothing and can cut as fast as they can go and still leave a quality cut.

OP
lawns Etc

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Yes its a easy system to use so far just on the driveway as there is still lots of snow on the ground and more coming. I bought from the same guy thats on Ebay. Merrit Rentals

93Chevy

LawnSite Fanatic
Ive never used one.. but this weekend i was looking at the toro T bar.. its a different set up, but kinda the same, with the placement of your arms/hands....the only thing i don't like.. is the lack of leverage that you really have with pistol grips.. I like how i can lift up the back or front of the mower a foot off the ground at anytime if i have to.. i go over alot of high curbs and ramps to get up to the top of retaining walls..and i like that i have that ability to strong arm the machine that i otherwise wouldnt have... like i said ive personally never used one, its just something to think about.. on flat ground it looks comfortable
I agree. I would avoid buying one because I need the leverage of pistol grips or ECS. Now, I think Bobcat makes a good mower and I'd consider a pistol grip version. But if you cut in situations that don't require leverage, then go for it.