1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Bobcat ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeC, Jul 26, 2000.

1. MikeC

MikeC LawnSite Member

Local dealer just added Bobcat to his existing line-up. Other models carried are; DC,Great Dane, Snapper. Has priced Bobcat well below other models. Bobcat ZT200,19hp Kaw.,54&quot;deck, selling for $6100.00.<p>How do these mowers hold up and perform? Bobcats are rare here in Chattanooga, most are down in Atlanta. Any thoughts, thanks.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: MikeC

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

There are a lot of bobcats around here,I'd say they are by far the most used ZTR in my area with Dixies coming in a distant 2nd.Most are 61&quot; cut with 23 kawi or 25 command.I wouldve chosen a Ransomes instaed of Dixie,but Ive had bad experiences with Ransomes in the past with getting parts and unresonable prices on the parts themselves.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The mowers you inquire about work well; they are among the top sellers in my area in Ohio.<br>I chose a bobcat over a lazer or toro for my business;performance is excellent & they were $700-1000 cheaper too. <br>If you have mostly flat ground, a Dixie will cut faster than toro, lazer or bobcat. But if you have hills or even gentle slopes, I'd stick with bobcat.<br>Having said all that, be sure the dealer will take care of you WELL; it's your livelihood you're gambling with when you choose a dealer.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>