Bogus WC claim

dmk395

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone dealt with this? Had a part time employee 24 hrs or so per week for 5 weeks put in a claim after he quit. Claimed to have injured his arm pushing a wheel barrel. WC denied him. Now he's got a lawyer. My insurance co. doesn't believe it obviously but he has counsel and there's a hearing. Both employees on job site witnessed no injury and maintain it's total BS. Anyone dealt with this before? I may go to the hearing, I have the proper insurance of course, but it's total BS, and supposedly he has 10 other insurance claims over the past 15 year's from auto etc according to my insurance guy.

recycledsole

LawnSite Gold Member
I don't have the experience, but wondering if you can sue him for all the time you waste dealing with the lie?

xstatikplus

LawnSite Senior Member
Never had this issue but hope all turns out in your favour. I hate dead beats that abuse the system. Good luck not that I think you will need it
Posted via Mobile Device

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
This is a good example for needing to have workers comp.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I think I'm going to make a WC claim against reading this…it's caused me mental anguish and suffering!

DavidsonLandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Go to the hearing, all of them. He quits then claims injury? Why didn't he notify you about it, sounds more of I dont want to work the rest if this summer, but I still need a check.... hmmm... he has to prove injury on the worksite, nobody seen anything because it didn't happen. Taking you for a ride. Talk to your lawyer, I call bs on his part
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
D

dmk395

LawnSite Bronze Member
A good example of why we all need the WC, but how does the process all play out...

inzane

LawnSite Silver Member
I have a brother who claimed to hurt his back lifting a heavy tray at a restraunt.. total BS if you really knew the situation. He has no real problems (other than mental).. but he is getting full disability and 6 figure settlement after fighting with them for years.. (it took so long because he was going for 1.5 million!!!) he's in his 30's and he won't ever work again.

Brother in law did same thing at same time.. hurt is hand at work.. sprained a finger or something, really nothing serious. got like 60k. lol... I'm sick and tired of seeing people abuse WC. These guys laid out of work, perfectly able to work, sucking on the TEET, until the little payoff at the end. lol.

I know there is a time when its useful when people actually get hurt, but I witnessed these 2 family members abuse it, pretty much seems like fraud in my book. and it makes me sick.

SP Landscaping

LawnSite Member
I have a brother who claimed to hurt his back lifting a heavy tray at a restraunt.. total BS if you really knew the situation. He has no real problems (other than mental).. but he is getting full disability and 6 figure settlement after fighting with them for years.. (it took so long because he was going for 1.5 million!!!) he's in his 30's and he won't ever work again.

Brother in law did same thing at same time.. hurt is hand at work.. sprained a finger or something, really nothing serious. got like 60k. lol... I'm sick and tired of seeing people abuse WC. These guys laid out of work, perfectly able to work, sucking on the TEET, until the little payoff at the end. lol.

I know there is a time when its useful when people actually get hurt, but I witnessed these 2 family members abuse it, pretty much seems like fraud in my book. and it makes me sick.

I know no one likes a rat but if it makes you sick like it does me than you should of opened your mouth and said something. It's **** like this why mine, yours and the next guys premiums are so redicusly high...........just saying:hammerhead:

DuallyVette

LawnSite Gold Member
I I love a rat. I wonder how the rat being bad ever got started. If I rob, rape, and kill... Your a bad person for telling on me. I heard Jim Baker, TV preacher back in the 80's, preach that you were worse than the criminal for telling. Jesus was the only one that was allowed to judge. You were just spreading gossip

Top Forums