1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Booster Pump Failed

Discussion in 'Irrigation Pumps & Supplies' started by mitchgo, May 5, 2018.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

My buddy’s wife’s dressage arena at home is something like 100-120’ by 300-320’ and I got 75-80 feet at 80psi static/58psi dynamic using falcons on 6’ above grade 1-1/2 pipe off 2” mains. 3 heads each side and 1 in the middle each end.

Each is on a hand valve and each has a drain valve. Works pretty darned good for dust control and arena conditioning.

2. OP
    OP
    mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Gold Member

That's how it should have been . I just was just out there replacing another valve from this.

You may know more on this , they replaced the soil inside the rink last year. I have no clue what it is but it reminds of a tennis ball totally shredded up with some sand mixed it .The entire rink is like it so I'm not sure how important dust control really is for this field.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

We used DG sand and compacted it with a vibratory roller. Dust control may be a poor choice of words but it wets the arena down.