• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

boots? sneakers? barefoot?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
walkbehind users, what type of footwear do you find most friendly to your feet, legs, knees. boots, sneakers....other?

BigEd

LawnSite Senior Member
This post reminds me of a pic on the Gator Rator site, guy wearing flip flops.I am a big dude so I prefer high top sneakers they offer ankle support and they dont hurt my feet like boots do.here the pic I was talking about....

image1.gif

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
Boots! Invest in comfortable boots. Its much more protection than high tops or anything else. Also, boots will keep your feet dry on wet mornings were high tops will get wet. Wet feet can cause you trouble.

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think my Wolverine boots are far more comfortable than sneakers. If I wear sneakers all day, my feet REALLY hurt. High-tops or not. With the Wolverines, I can go all day, and do it again the next day, no pain. Steel toe as well, though if you stick your foot under a mower, you'll probably wish you DIDN'T have steel toes on when you get to the doctor and he says they are mangled and crushed beyond repair. Where as if you had been wearing sneakers, it would most likely be a clean cut, with FAR less crushing/mangling.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by R&K Ent.
Wolverine Durashocks are DEFINATELY the best footwear I've ever worked in.
That is what I have. I have one pair for work and a nice pair for wearing out. Look nice and very comfortable. I wear them like most would with sneakers.