BOP Quick 36 cut quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by danothemano, Jul 7, 2019.

1. danothemano

danothemano LawnSite Senior Member

hey dudes, I have a chance to land a quick 36 single hydro with a 13 hp Briggs. For those who have operated one, Whats the cut quality like on these? Thanks

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

BOP is out of business DC is out of business. How many parts on these are universal. Belts and some cables and the major components like hydro, engine etc. but have fun cross referencing

Cam15 and JLSLLC like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    danothemano

Thanks, but what about the cut quality?

4. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

No idea but Gary’s other mower, the Sarlo 34” has vanished from existence in less than a year. So he’s 0-2

5. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Walk Behind cut is similar to many-Before you buy I would make sure you can find parts available to you. It would bite to buy, and not be able to get the part or guidance needed to keep it going. You can take my reply with a grain of salt..holmes

Cam15, danothemano and Walker56 like this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

There a good amount of BOP/Lesco mowers on trailers here, not sure of your location.. but they were popular here until a few years ago.. when they sold out etc.. someone will clarify better

Cam15 and Walker56 like this.
  7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

All the old notes at BOP's website regarding what parts are compatible/incompatible are gone now. An issue you might run into is if this Briggs powered Q36 is using the older hand controls. W/ no pictures to show you, it becomes challenging to explain what is what. Will guess there is no hour meter?

I've only run Q32s. The two longer blades have some slight to moderate advantages over the Q36's three shorter blades...particularly in Northern/cool season grasses & crabgrass, not to mention wet/moist/dewy conditions.

W/ basically zero support and having to forage for used parts that may or may not be compatible...I'm pretty sure I'd pass on this.

8. OP
    OP
    danothemano

Thanks for the replies all, so it passes on the eye test, but the main concern is the lack of parts and support it seems. I've YouTube some vids to get an idea of how they are, some comments mention how they would never part with their bop etc.

9. OP
    OP
    danothemano

Crazy how these can go for under a grand in good condition

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

The Quick 36 was the mower I started my biz out with. In dry conditions, the cut was perfectly fine. When dewy or wet, the small tunnel deck would pack full.

Cam15 likes this.