• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

BOP's Quick Mowers, Steering Questions

Blazerfb

LawnSite Member
I'm taking a serious look at BOP's Quick 32" and 36" single hydro models and was just wondering from anyone who runs one or has demoed one how they are to steer, especially on medium grade hills and things like that. Still unsure of exactly how the turns are made.... sorta like a hyrdo 21"????? If they are a pain i'm looking at the Dually's too. Thanks in advance for the help everybody!

OP
B

Blazerfb

LawnSite Member
I was also wondering about the step saver....I've seen some makeshift weight kits people have used in pics and was wondering how the dually stepsaver works. Im a big guy, about 260 and figure i'll need to make my own weight kit on anything i get. What do you guys think? Will I not be able to ride?

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=295529

Post #10

You should have no issues on moderate hills, I don't. If you want to try it out, drive about 1.5 hours East and have a go with one of mine. The video is very good at showing the action. It is easy to catch on and all you do is shift your weight a little.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
[You should have no issues on moderate hills, I don't.
I've yet to see video of someone using a SD Quick side to side on a hill. :rolleyes: There was a guy that was bragging about his Quick and how well it went up and down hills. I asked him to post a vid of him using his Quick side to side on the same hill and there was never any forthcoming video.

OP
B

Blazerfb

LawnSite Member
I have a single hydro and its O.K on hills, I really wish I got the dually though, just spend the extra cash
I'm pretty set on the dually after talking to people for a few months. I noticed the same thing Richard martin, no vids of side to side hill operation! I'd rather spend the extra grand for the dually and have something with more controllability. I love the savings in length with these things. The deck issues aren't as big a deal for me as I keep my properties pretty well manicured and almost never cut super wet and tall grass simultaneously. Ive operated just about every brand of wb, and zero for that matter, on the market and none are built for these conditions. Not even thekubota zd's I run for the city that are 31 hp uncloggable beasts are fool proof in those conditions. (though these would be by far my choice for a large zero turn, kicked our toro groundsmasters ass in the rain)

Back on subject......My big concern with them is my weight, 250+ on their bullrider style stepsaver for the dually. I really want to demo one. I'm thinking weights are gonna be inevitable.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

Blazerfb

LawnSite Member
oh yeah, does the dually stepsaver fold up like the single step saver? most of my properties are around 1/4 acre, many smaller, some a little bigger. I'm considering just walking all of them, not sure though.....thoughts on all this?????

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
oh yeah, does the dually stepsaver fold up like the single step saver? most of my properties are around 1/4 acre, many smaller, some a little bigger. I'm considering just walking all of them, not sure though.....thoughts on all this?????
I don't think it is made to fold up on the dually. Per this statement on their page.

ADDITIONAL NOTICE: Dually Step Savers have been optimized with a comfortable footbox and wide wheel stance for use primarily on 36 and 44 machines. Dually Step Saver will fit on 32 Duallys, but trimming capability is limited due to the overhang of the rider (outside the trim line of the mower). When your situation requires close trimming (next to a fence for example) Better Outdoor recommends dropping the rider, making a perimeter trim-pass and then reattaching.

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've yet to see video of someone using a SD Quick side to side on a hill. :rolleyes: There was a guy that was bragging about his Quick and how well it went up and down hills. I asked him to post a vid of him using his Quick side to side on the same hill and there was never any forthcoming video.
Richard (love your name, I smile every time I see it in a thread, brings back some good Laugh In memories)
I'll post some hill video once we start up again, probably only about six weeks now.

OP
B

Blazerfb

LawnSite Member
I don't think it is made to fold up on the dually. Per this statement on their page.

ADDITIONAL NOTICE: Dually Step Savers have been optimized with a comfortable footbox and wide wheel stance for use primarily on 36 and 44 machines. Dually Step Saver will fit on 32 Duallys, but trimming capability is limited due to the overhang of the rider (outside the trim line of the mower). When your situation requires close trimming (next to a fence for example) Better Outdoor recommends dropping the rider, making a perimeter trim-pass and then reattaching.
I remember reading that, I think that statement may have sparked my initial question about it. That's a def negative if it can't fold up.
Posted via Mobile Device