Lawn Care Forum banner
321 - 340 of 3,093 Posts
Discussion starter · #322 ·
do you leave your plow controls where they are in that picture when you're plowing or do you put it on the seat next to you? I know when I plow with the neighbors truck, when he is out of town, I like it next to me on the seat, it's easier to use, instead of leaning over and pushing the buttons.
No they stay on my lap and when actually plowing in my hand. Just when I am not plowing or what ever they are mounted there

Discussion starter · #323 ·
Discussion starter · #324 ·
Videos of plow and lights:
Plow:

Whelen Slimlighter

All of the Truck lights

Discussion starter · #327 ·
Looks great. How many accounts you got to keep that rig busy?
I got 1 lot I do and a few driveways. I will get more though. I also do about 10 sidewalks

I got 1 lot I do and a few driveways. I will get more though. I also do about 10 sidewalks
Ya just enough to learn the ropes on a truck. its a lot different then the quad aint it..lol. on the quad you can see every edge and such.

Im looking at a 1 ton chevy dump right now with 8ft meyers and v box. if i can buy it right i will sell the v box to help pay for the truck. gonna go talk about the price with the guy tomorrow.

Discussion starter · #329 ·
Ya just enough to learn the ropes on a truck. its a lot different then the quad aint it..lol. on the quad you can see every edge and such.

Im looking at a 1 ton chevy dump right now with 8ft meyers and v box. if i can buy it right i will sell the v box to help pay for the truck. gonna go talk about the price with the guy tomorrow.
yes different than the quad, but it wasn't to bad. You will have a lot more trouble seeing behind you with a dump though

yes different than the quad, but it wasn't to bad. You will have a lot more trouble seeing behind you with a dump though
This is true. The v box will come out so i can just look out the window like on a pickup. I figure for the right price I will pick it up. If it needs work it can sit in teh barn getting fixed untill im 18 and can sign contracts. Plus I could always throw a plow on my truck and plow resi and i have a buddy that will put a plow on his dakota if i can get work for it.

Discussion starter · #331 ·
This is true. The v box will come out so i can just look out the window like on a pickup. I figure for the right price I will pick it up. If it needs work it can sit in teh barn getting fixed untill im 18 and can sign contracts. Plus I could always throw a plow on my truck and plow resi and i have a buddy that will put a plow on his dakota if i can get work for it.
what year is it? any pics?

Discussion starter · #332 ·
Summer mowing pics-"High lawns"
Spring growth:
Plant Land lot Road surface Grass Asphalt

before/afters
Plant Road surface Asphalt Land lot Building

Plant Road surface Grass Groundcover Asphalt

Plant Land lot Road surface Grass Asphalt

Plant Road surface Asphalt Land lot Building

Plant Road surface Grass Groundcover Asphalt

Nice plow and video's. Better watch keeping the remote for the plow in the truck when your not plowing, around here they are a quick theft item.

Looks good. I assume it was the Honda in the first pics? If so looks like it was doing a good job

Discussion starter · #337 ·
Nice plow and video's. Better watch keeping the remote for the plow in the truck when your not plowing, around here they are a quick theft item.
Thanks, I never thought about anyone stealing that, Thanks for the advice
Looks good. I assume it was the Honda in the first pics? If so looks like it was doing a good job
Thanks, yeah the hondas work so good for cutting high grass, its unbelievable

Discussion starter · #338 ·
Yesterday and today I changed the oil, blades, plugs, filters, and all in all my equipment. I also cleaned up my honda mower bags really good. One was real bad the other doesn't look bad but the inside was covered. I had them soaking in acid for a while then took them to a laundry mat, they look brand new now! I also painted the underneath of the quick's deck:
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Floor Wood

Sleeve Grey Transparency T-shirt Fashion accessory

painted the frames
Triangle Rectangle Art Font Parallel

Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Wood Vehicle door

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Floor Wood

Sleeve Grey Transparency T-shirt Fashion accessory

Triangle Rectangle Art Font Parallel

Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Wood Vehicle door

I plan to do some painting on the Gravely over the winter, been putting it off. I too hate the prep part of it though.

321 - 340 of 3,093 Posts