• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Boss Vplow vs Fisher Vplow

iowastorm

LawnSite Senior Member
A Boss 9'2'' V will work well and will be wide enough if you have duallys. This is my opinion, but the 10' Boss V would work too and be even more productive, but costs around $5K. I think they're well built, have ample reinforcements and trip springs. Don't think you'll have any problems or complaints from either plow. Remember the most important point of all; Boss' website is better looking than Fisher's; that's the most important thing of all. . . . and now the responses from the Fisher crowd.

GeoffDiamond

LawnSite Bronze Member
The 8.5 v works fine on a 350 pick up, i have one. However i agree it is too small on an F 350 Dump. From now on the only dump trucks that get V plows are the F 550, because you can use a 9.5 v. The cost difference between the F 450 and F 550 is so small, your crazy not to get the F 550.

Geoff

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
Unless you are buying another truck to run the ezv on, you will lose your shirt selling it, and buying a new boss.
I would add pro wings, or live with it. I have an mvp on a 98 K-3500 dually, extended wheel base with a back pack tool box, and 8' body. I have no problems with the 8.5' width.
Dino

John Allin

LawnSite Bronze Member
We find that our Boss plows don't have much of a resale value, but with new decals we can get $2500 for the decals and throw in the plow for nothing.....

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Boss:

1.) You can get Poly (Only in 8.2 and 9.2) though.
2.) You can get a 10', which is really what you want on a dually.

My 1/2 ton SB I set up 2 years ago, I only mounted an 8.2' on it, wish I'd gone w/ 9.2'.

I do think it's time for Boss to offer a cutter-edge trip design option.

But, wider is better.