Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if a older Industrial 'sensation' mower is a useable mower for trimming? or not worth time to clean up? It does run I think. Got 3 mowers (one has High wheels, but Sensation caught my eye) all for $30. The Sensation says Industrial grade on it. Basic 3-4hp B&S. Alluninum deck thou..strange chrome air cleaner and grass deflector. Would you use it? any older guys here know reputation on these mowers? Thanks- Geno

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
They were the standard here for years, the deck is Magnesium. I am told many buy them to throw on a big bonfire at the sand dunes because of the bright red flame it produces.

Their best selling point is the handle flips over so you don't have to spin the mower at each turn. The catchers stick out very far and the height adjustment sucks, wrench every wheel. They scalp very, well many here keep a couple in the garage just for scalping. They make em very small too 16"-18" and 21" so light they worked well for those stupid condos that had no gates and turf in the back yard :dizzy: so we used to lift them over the block walls. Oh those were the days mid 80's :waving: don't miss them. They are pretty durable I will give you that. I don't think they have been made since the early 80's

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Just goes to show people have way too much time on their hands

This is more what I recall them looking like
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/grd/810947787.html
Although the color is what I remember either orange or silver. That price is ridiculous I see them all the time for $ 30-70

Get a load of the can cutters in the pic too :laugh: do you remember those?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.