Lawn Care Forum banner

Bought a new toy today!

18K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  AEL 
#1 ·
I looked at a lot of new machines and I ended up buying a Kubota U55. The dealer is putting a quick coupler and a thumb on it for me next week. I picked it up yesterday for a demo and decided to keep it. I also liked the Bobcat E50 but Kubota has 0% interest.

Vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Machine

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like a nice machine :) How much does it weigh?

0% interest? No such thing. They baked the interest into the machine cost!

#5 ·
looks like a nice machine :) How much does it weigh?

0% interest? No such thing. They baked the interest into the machine cost!

The weight is 12,280

They might have worked the interest into the cost but it still ended up being cheaper in the end. Plus I got a pretty bit discount because another company bought it and the financing fell through, it has 35 hours on it. It was still considered a new machine with the full warranty.

#10 ·
I just hope you don't have hard nosed
DOT enforcers where you're at like we
have here in MD!

Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
I just hope you don't have hard nosed
DOT enforcers where you're at like we
have here in MD!

Posted via Mobile Device
Not at all, when they start pulling over all the 2500HD's that are towing 450-550 dozers then maybe I will worry about it.
I dont move my equipment very often, it is typically on a job for 1-3 weeks at a time and I have a hauling company move it around for me most of the time. It usually costs me $120-200 to move the mini, TSL, job box, buckets/forks and the harley rake.
Its saves so much time for me at the end of a job to have everything moved at once. Around here and I'm sure you have them too, we have trucking company's that specialize in hauling excavation equipment. This may be something that could save you guys time and money in the long run.

I will never have to worry about hiring a CDL driver (I have all materials delivered also, it keeps everyone working) or getting into trouble with DOT, unless they pull me over towing the mini but they are not bad around here and I don't do it often. Dot typically only picks on the tandem axles and up, Ive never seen or heard of anyone around me getting pulled over in a single axle but I'm sure it has happened, just not often.

#12 ·
Here in Iowa the DOT enforcement is pretty strict. I have been pulled over with 3500 and dump trailer which is over 26k and back in the day didn't know I needed a CDL. And just a few weeks ago got pulled over in my F800. They pull any size vehical over if it is commercial. They also get the scales out if you have any materials on board. I heard a guy just get a $900 fine for being over weight. It is just crazy.

#13 ·
Here in Iowa the DOT enforcement is pretty strict. I have been pulled over with 3500 and dump trailer which is over 26k and back in the day didn't know I needed a CDL. And just a few weeks ago got pulled over in my F800. They pull any size vehical over if it is commercial. They also get the scales out if you have any materials on board. I heard a guy just get a $900 fine for being over weight. It is just crazy.
In MD the DOT focuses more on pick ups with trailers and trucks under 26000#. They don't mess with tandems and tractor trailers much because 99% of the time they're compliant. Once in a while the DOT here gets sneaky and even will work on Saturdays.

Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Just got pulled over for a suspected overloaded trailer, I ended up getting tickets for having a plastic gas can, and to much tread missing from 2 tires. No problem with the load though.

#19 ·
The CTL is a Bobcat T250, I honestly didn't use it much today. I didn't haul any of the soil away, it will be used on site. The dirt is piled up behind the mini just out of the picture, all the excavation was done with the mini.

The quick coupler and thumb are being installed on Thursday, I will post a photo when I pick it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
Nice machine. I got 400 hours on mine and i love it. I also have a kx71 with 4000 problem free hours on it. Just bought a u17, and looking at a kubota 8 tonne now too. For the small machines kubota cant be beat.What type of thumb did you go with?

#21 ·
Is yours also a u55? I have not been able to find much info on this machine.

I ended up buying the kubota buckets, coupler and thumb. If I bought 2 or more buckets and a thumb from kubota they threw in the coupler for free ($800-900).
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 ·
yes my machine is a u55. I have NYE 36" digging and 24" digging buckets. Machine also has a nye thumb, and a wedge coupler. I believe these machines where just introduced as 2011 models so they are fairly new.

#24 ·
It's been great, I have about a 100 hours on it now and it is much more productive than my 331 bobcat. If you want more reach and don't care about the tail swing then I would go with the o57, I went with the u55 because I need to get in tight spaces. I also liked the new bobcats but the financing was not as good.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
It's been great, I have about a 100 hours on it now and it is much more productive than my 331 bobcat. If you want more reach and don't care about the tail swing then I would go with the o57, I went with the u55 because I need to get in tight spaces. I also liked the new bobcats but the financing was not as good.
Posted via Mobile Device
i like having minimal tail swing. I looked at bobcats but the dealer is just to far kubota is 10 minutes down the road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.