Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Is yours also a u55? I have not been able to find much info on this machine.

I ended up buying the kubota buckets, coupler and thumb. If I bought 2 or more buckets and a thumb from kubota they threw in the coupler for free ($800-900).
Posted via Mobile Device

yes my machine is a u55. I have NYE 36" digging and 24" digging buckets. Machine also has a nye thumb, and a wedge coupler. I believe these machines where just introduced as 2011 models so they are fairly new.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
It's been great, I have about a 100 hours on it now and it is much more productive than my 331 bobcat. If you want more reach and don't care about the tail swing then I would go with the o57, I went with the u55 because I need to get in tight spaces. I also liked the new bobcats but the financing was not as good.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's been great, I have about a 100 hours on it now and it is much more productive than my 331 bobcat. If you want more reach and don't care about the tail swing then I would go with the o57, I went with the u55 because I need to get in tight spaces. I also liked the new bobcats but the financing was not as good.
Posted via Mobile Device
i like having minimal tail swing. I looked at bobcats but the dealer is just to far kubota is 10 minutes down the road

My machine handles the 36" bucket no problem, heaped full of dirt . Love my machine , I have just over 400 hours noe
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I didnt get a 36" yet, Im probably going to wait until spring to get it. The only buckets I have now are 24" digging and a 48" grading, the grading bucket is pretty deep and it handles it just fine.

Next attachment for mine is going to be a rototilt. Same as a twist wrist plus it spins 360 degrees , has a built in quick coupler as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow that is a crazy price for an attachment, I will take that off my wish list! How much is one that doesn't rotate?
Posted via Mobile Device
About 5K...

That's for a 5 tonne machine, 30 tonne size is about 50k. It sounds really expensive but with all the attachments it makes your machine so much more versatile. And being the only person around with one scores you a lot of work. My buddy just did quite a bit of clearing for a road expansion and he had one on a brand new komatsu 228. With the grapple he was able to grab the pines right below the level of the power lines and snap them right in half , rotate grapple and load right into his grinder. All the other contractors bid to do that portion of the work by hiring in arborists with bucket trucks. Everyday he had people stopping to watch, and the engineer have him a few nice jobs afterwards. On most of his smaller jobs he completely eliminates bringin a dozer to the site. Check them out on you tube- search indexator rotatilt.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guarantee if you demo one you will buy it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Isnt that always the case. Sometimes it really pays off to spend the extra on a specialized attachment. Im doing the same with an attachment for a large skidsteer. May make a package deal on a 2007 bobcat T300 and a sandbagging attachment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I will probably buy one next summer that doesn't rotate, the rotating one just wouldn't be worth it for the work I do. If I did a lot of demo type work I would spend the extra money but I only use my mini for hardscaping and light excavation.
Posted via Mobile Device

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.