• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Bought a Turfware TR360 (review)

TurfPro

LawnSite Member
After much deliberation between the Toro ride on and the Turfware, I decided to go with the Turfware.
I’ll add to my review as time passes , as well as add pictures and a video soon.
A little backdrop: I’ve been in the biz for about 24yrs now and have always been a Permagreen guy since running ride ons.
I was really wanting to like the Stinger option , but just like the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot , it was too elusive for me. I wanted a new sprayer this year.
Toro: didn’t care for a few of the engineering choices and the layout. It seemed to be designed by someone who hasn’t spent years with boots on the ground so to speak.Not saying it wasn’t a good machine, I just saw more of what I liked in the Turfware.
So that brought me to Turfware. The long and short of what made me go that direction:
1. Customer service was/is top notch.
Before, during and after the sale. Getting a text from them the day of, to get a delivery update, good. To get a text after a day or 2 to see if you have any issues or questions on calibration,etc, great.
2. Design:
The guys designing these machines have done what we are doing, not some designer that is getting input from guys in the field but has no actual time spraying. They KNOW what we really need to get things done. You can see it when using the machine. Everything we need, nothing we don’t. “Simple”is a key motto to my business, it’s served me well ,especially for equipment that sees harsh work environments. The machine is overbuilt where it needs it, while keeping things simple, intuitive, and direct. The guys knew that down time is a killer so it’s designed to negate that as much as humanly possible. Everything is readily accessible. That means a lot coming from a PG.
I will say the power is real good. Plenty to spare. Climbed a couple pretty serious hills today with 150lbs in the hopper and full 20G tank , no strain on the engine. Traction is easily double of a PG , easily.
That’s just the reasons I bought it. I will update with a more detailed description of use in the field over the next few days. I’ve put about 3 hrs on it so far but I’m on my phone. Will post in use pictures as soon as possible.
750D732E-817D-485E-8EC4-1EF85A5A33BE.jpeg
98AF1E62-8DB1-47C4-8454-54214D64D5FB.jpeg
BC9D9B50-61B9-4CE5-95EA-F7D5727DD949.jpeg
A75865F9-313D-4DB7-9917-DD90A8DCB0ED.jpeg

Last edited:

The Green One

LawnSite Member
TurfPro,

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Still running my Centri after many years of good service.

This is on my list as well for the future upgrade. Turfware looks like a winner.

Enjoy!

fitph

LawnSite Member
They brought a demo unit to my house, I live out in the middle of nowhere. I loved the machine but my wife will be helping me with the biz and I need something an 80 lbs. sub 5 foot cutie can operate. The steering is just not user friendly for someone so small so we went with the Toro Z 36" model. Really easy to steer for her and love the castor lock. That said the next machine will probably be the Turfware because it fits me just fine, Just need to build the business large enough to run 2 units.

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
This machine comes with the vibrating hopper, right? Nice feature for sure.

Anyone know where one could get something similar? I have looked but have only found ones for large hoppers such as salt/sand spreader.

I would like to fit one on my exmark

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone know where one could get something similar? I have looked but have only found ones for large hoppers such as salt/sand spreader.

How about turfware i bet they sell parts

OP
T

TurfPro

LawnSite Member

Yes, and it works great so far.
Obviously I haven't used it a lot this time of year, but I bought some cheap, dusty
" Co- op" grade 13.13.13 to run through it just to see. Worked really good. It really helps you get the last little bit out of your hopper instead of doing that awkward "lean over the handle bars" thing..
I put about 5 hrs on it friday on some pretty varied properties. Ranging from hills that break in 2 directions, some small, chopped up yards, as well as some wide open ones. After getting a feel for the capabilities of the machine, it performed in all situations well. Once you get a feel for it, you can easily steer with one hand and use the wand in the other.
The hand wand make a big difference as well.
another thing i noticed is how LITTLE drift / overspray im getting on the machine itself. Towards the end of the day the winds started to gust to around 10mph, still only had minimal residue ( prodiamine) on the machine. I mean minimal.
I did an oil change to get the "break in " oil out, and that was simple. will probably do another in 10 more hrs before going to regular service intervals.

Cardinal Lawn

LawnSite Member
This couldn’t have been timed any better. I have a Perma green triumph. It’s a good machine but hills and turns beat me up after a long week. I demonstrated the turf ware only on pavement so not a great in the field test. How do you like the turf ware? How is it on hills?
Good luck with your new machine.