1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bought new 06 Exmark 56" today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lasher66, Mar 11, 2006.

1. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Finally got the new Exmark 56" HP ZTR with 27hp motor. Cant wait to cut some serious grass with this thing. I was using a Bunton 52" ZTR with a 19hp motor before, so I should notice a huge difference with the horsepower. The new Triton deck looks promising too with the 6" deep deck. When I engage the blades, it sounds like it has some huge vacuum going on compared to my Bunton ZTR which only has a 4.5" deep deck, so I hope this helps the grass stand up for a good even cut. I will post some picks soon.

Jason

2. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

is their any reason why they are making a 56 deck and do they still make the 60?? good luck with the new machine!!

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I asked the same thing at a local Exmark dealer and he said "feedback" from landscapers. And to answer the 60" question, only if you can find a left over model. They are becoming very hard to find.

4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they make a 60". The new Triton comes in a 46", 50", 56", 60", 66", 72"

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The 56 on the hp gives you alot of trim side. the 60 on the lazer z had none so the 66 on the lazer z will not only give you 10% more cutting and alot more trim side, It will not have the trailering problems or the scalping issues that the 72" has.

6. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

They do still make a 60". It is offered in many options. 23koh, 27koh, 25kubota D, 29DFI Kaw, 31Vanguard...etc

7. John Gamba

from ct

If thats what floats your boat .:clapping:

8. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Wish I had a boat to float...just got back from the boat show down here, and have a big wish list now...lol

9. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer said that he thinks the trailering problems was one of the bigger issues. A 60" with a vac system would be to wide for my trailer, the 56" with vac is just a few inches short of not fitting on my trailer. So I think it is a good idea to make a mower that is just big enough to fit on most trailers and not to short either. IMO

Jason

10. John Gamba

from ct

I know the feeling:cry: