Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my new mower, the 36 metro with pistol grips, got it for 2129.95, out the door. Man I love this machine, compared to what I was using,(dont laugh), troy-bilt 33 wide area mower. But it made me enough money to pay cash for it and not leave me broke. Now I need a sulky andhas anyone any experience with the micro mulch system or can something be fabricated to block the grass blowing out. All of my propertys have st. augustine and i dont want to triple cut the grass, especially with all this darn rain we have been having here in orlando. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I agree with Nest.Only if he discontinues the mower on the bottom of his posts. The factory mulch kit and the blades are great for ST. Augutine. Enjoy your new mower.

Rhett

·
Banned
4,203 Posts
Hey,A Troy 33 got you to the point of buying a metro.
Never put yourself down,Plenty of others will do it for you.Keep up the hard work and soon you'll be buying another.
Enjoy your new machine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today, my brother and I bought a used Metro 36 with 13HP Kohler and pistol grips. We put a couple hours on it already, and it sure beats the old 33" Snapper rider mower. Ours has the mulch kit installed, and it works pretty well (it mulches grass at times when the Snapper couldn't even side discharge).

Do you like your jungle wheels? We just installed ours (Jungle Jims), and turning seems tough without the grip digging into your side. Maybe we aren't using it right.

We sure are excited to have this new mower.

Good luck.
Jurgen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought it from Thrailkill off of Orange near sandlake road. I did take the oem blades off and put on gators, what a big difference. I have seen threads in here about doubles, what is the advantage/disadvantage. I would do a search, but its too early in the AM.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I;ve bought the mulch kits for 2 different Exmark mowers and they are well worth the small cost.

If there is one topic that has been beaten to death here on Lawnsite, its the subject of "doubles". Just do a search on that word and you will be reading for hours.
Enjoy your new toy

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by cfosceola
I bought it from Thrailkill off of Orange near sandlake road. I did take the oem blades off and put on gators, what a big difference. I have seen threads in here about doubles, what is the advantage/disadvantage. I would do a search, but its too early in the AM.
Congrats on your new machine!! Its great readin members upgrading and making themselves more efficient.:)

IMO I dont think you have the HP to run doubles. Stick to the gators, probably all the lift you will need.;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by turbo6bar

Do you like your jungle wheels? We just installed ours (Jungle Jims), and turning seems tough without the grip digging into your side. Maybe we aren't using it right.

Turbo, this might help ya a little..When coming to the end of a pass, and making a right turn, gradually turn to the left first, then make a wide turn to the right past where your going to make your next pass, then gradually turn back left to line up the next pass. (like the shape of a light bulb) This can be done with one hand. One hand on the left brake to swing left. Switch hand to the right brake for the gradual turn to the right, then swith to the left brake to line up the next pass. Once your lined up both hands on the grips. Just reverse the order when ya get to the other end. Make the border pass when yer done.

Some might say its bad practice to take both yer hands off the grips, we do good with it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hey, Bastalker, you 're pro...it took me a big while on customers' properties to learn that trick..ha ha. Shape of light bulb, put it all together.
By the way, that Kawi engine is serious business, it never dies on you...all it does it cut and cut. Don't you think of Bullrider? The trailing mode will benefit your belt drive, had I had another chance to choose sulky I would pick Bullrider over Jungle wheel, just a thought.
Excellent machine, by the way, I have it 1 season now, keep the blades sharp all time and people will notice the cut of eXmark. Now you have to work harder to get the 52"Lazer.
Congrats

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Originally posted by cfosceola
I bought it from Thrailkill off of Orange near sandlake road.
:D That's where my EPS Lazer came from. They are the ones that had it for two weeks for repairs only to send it back to me saying nothing was wrong with it. The mower is going to Commercial in Kissimmee monday morning to see if they can figure it out. I'm not gonna bad mouth the people at Thrailkill, but the service department leaves something to be desired.

On a side note, if you need to go back there for anything, there is a kickass fried chicken joint right around the corner from them, Olde Dixie Chicken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.