Boulder Clamp

TSGVA

LawnSite Member
Does anyone have experience with a good boulder clamp? I can't remember the brand I was looking at years ago....not probst or kenco.....

We're pretty efficient at strapping our boulders for water features, but are considering the scissor clamp to use with loader/mini-ex.

Any recommendations?

GreenI.A.

LawnSite Silver Member
I used a scissor clamp on mini-ex last year. It definetly made the job a lot smoother. It cuts down on labor a lot. If you're good with the mini-ex you can maneuver the boulders into position a lot better with a scissor than with straps. Plus it cuts down a lot on labor.

OP
T

TSGVA

LawnSite Member
I used a scissor clamp on mini-ex last year. It definetly made the job a lot smoother. It cuts down on labor a lot. If you're good with the mini-ex you can maneuver the boulders into position a lot better with a scissor than with straps. Plus it cuts down a lot on labor.
Thanks Green----any particular brand of scissor clamp?
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm not sure what brand it was, I rented it with the mini. I'm picking up a piece of equipment next week, i'll check what brand.

The best thing is it gives you a lot more control of placement and you only have to yell for the laborer to adjust it a little bit. Plus its safer than having two guys unstrapping the boulder and having to worry about it shifting and injuring one of them.