1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Box Truck And Dump Trailor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by extreme lawn care, Oct 27, 2006.

1. extreme lawn care

extreme lawn care LawnSite Member

What would be your perfect set up. I think a 16' box truck pulling a 16' dump trailer would cover all needs.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Perfect setup for specifically what type of work, mowing, landscape, fertilization, all three? Are we including plowing?

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this over they years? For me it would be a 4x4 dually dump pulling an enclosed trailer.

3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Extreme- the only problem I see with that is unloading the equipment from the box truck with the trailer on. I've kicked around the idea of a box truck for years, and the problem is the need to take away debris. For now, it is a '99 Chevy 3500 with a 12' dump body and 16' enclosed trailer. Does everything my crew needs it to do, and I can plow snow with it in the winter.

4. extreme lawn care

extreme lawn care LawnSite Member

It would be used for mowing and light landscape. Dump trailer would only be used for top soil, mulch, clippings, and plants.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Perfect setup:

Maintenance: F550 crew cab 12' landscape body & an 8.5x16' enclosed trailer.
    (my new setup for next season)

Installation/Hardscape: 2001 FL70 hooklift and an 18' open trailer 262CAT skidsteer and all the goodies.

Thought about a box also, but the negatives outweighted the benefits. I'm in the same boat as AL, we still haul debris from sites. :)

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a Hino with a 16ft box. We dont haul clipping the few we bag we leave for city pickup.

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

dont know what this company does but i always see a chevy 3500 box truck and i think a 14' dump trailer around here...looks good to me