BPS Hardscaping projects

CBlandscaping

LawnSite Member
Hey guys havent posted here in a year or two now and wanted to get some input on some of my more recent projects any input is appreciated

OP
C

CBlandscaping

LawnSite Member

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
First one doesn't flow IMO. Also looks sloppy without proper end caps/coping

Last one I really like the custom circle and looks good. Only thing I would do different is the end caps again. Or at least use a splitter.

How much did the custom circle cost you in materials?

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Wow. Its gonna take me a while to type all this out.

My report will be posted in about 15 minutes. No one go anywhere.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
First Pic - The 3' seat wall makes the job "choppy", whats the sense? And the steps on the wall ends make it too busy, appears as if someone is tryin to be snazzy.

Second Pic - The Aluminum downspout is discharging water right next to the pavers. If it hasn't already - it'll undermine the pavers.

Third Pic - Lacking handrails. Huge Liability. You're now sleeping (figuratively) with those people for as long as you live. Go back and get rails installed before Aunt Helen falls and breaks her neck. And it appears as if there is a down spout to the right of the steps, if that is correct - what is happening with the water coming out of that spout?

Forth Pic - Getting better. But your spacing the spikes too far apart. And the block joints on the section of wall nearest the dwelling's down spout are too close together.

Fifth Pic - The lights on the monument are too bright and casting too much "white". You need a narrower beam to cast the light properly and a frosted lens to reduce the white glare. The *decorative* landscape gravel reminds me of the bottom of my fish tank. If this were my forum I'd ban any members that post pics of gravel used like :)

Sixth Pic - there is no sixth pic yet, thank god! LOL

Last edited:

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Also, in the first pic - the deck post is in a portion of the entry way between your two walls. That short wall by the house should have come past the post, that way uncle Bruce doesn't boink his face on the post when he returns to the patio after relieving himself around the corner.

Glenn Lawn Care

LawnSite Silver Member
Very nice! I like the fire fighter patio!