Bradley Mower Updates

fivestarlandscapes

LawnSite Member
I own the newer Bradley 52" stander with the briggs vanguard. I am very happy with my purchase. I feel like I got a great deal. I have used the mower everyday for 2 seasons now. I have been in business 10 years. I had more problems with a 13k exmark than this mower. I beat the crap out of the bradley and it keeps going. The only minor issues I have had are broken grease zerks, a bad spindle, and the front tires I had to put tubes in pretty quickly. I would buy another one but they have gone up almost 1k in two years. The customer service has been very responsive to my needs.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
I own the newer Bradley 52" stander with the briggs vanguard. I am very happy with my purchase. I feel like I got a great deal. I have used the mower everyday for 2 seasons now. I have been in business 10 years. I had more problems with a 13k exmark than this mower. I beat the crap out of the bradley and it keeps going. The only minor issues I have had are broken grease zerks, a bad spindle, and the front tires I had to put tubes in pretty quickly. I would buy another one but they have gone up almost 1k in two years. The customer service has been very responsive to my needs.

According to their website you can still get them for the same price as when they first came out.

OP
Mark Stark

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
Just an update to my review....

Still haven't heard back from the "warranty guy". I'll try and remember to call everyone at Bradley again tomorrow to see if someone can assist (or answer some basic questions) with a warranty claim.

Either way I need the machine fixed so it can move to backup status. I have a suspicion that we'll just pay the repair cost and chalk up our entire Bradley experience as a "stupid tax".

S&S Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Member
I bought a new Bradley 52 inch stand on, with the 26 hp vanguard in May of this year. I'm very happy with it so far. I've put about 75 hrs on it. The only problem I've had is two broken grease zerks, but that's an easy fix. I haven't ordered any parts, so I can't say anything about the customer service. I've read nothing but good reviews on these 52 stand ons. Maybe there is just a problem with the older ones or walk behinds. The mower has a great cut, and for the price you can't go wrong.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
Just an update to my review....

Still haven't heard back from the "warranty guy". I'll try and remember to call everyone at Bradley again tomorrow to see if someone can assist (or answer some basic questions) with a warranty claim.

Either way I need the machine fixed so it can move to backup status. I have a suspicion that we'll just pay the repair cost and chalk up our entire Bradley experience as a "stupid tax".

how long have you not been able to get ahold of the bradley people? They pickup the phone every time I call them. The parts may take a few days to get to you, but I'm not sure I understand why you can't reach them. Everybody that i have spoken too that has a bradley and needed either a spindle or support, had zero issues reaching them. Are you calling the main number or a dealer?

OP
Mark Stark

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
how long have you not been able to get ahold of the bradley people? They pickup the phone every time I call them. The parts may take a few days to get to you, but I'm not sure I understand why you can't reach them. Everybody that i have spoken too that has a bradley and needed either a spindle or support, had zero issues reaching them. Are you calling the main number or a dealer?

They answer the phone every time. They are just unaware of how to answer basic questions such as "Can I bring these mowers to any local repair shops".

Beyond that, they dont return calls and they haven't replied to 2 emails. I call the main number, talk to 2 bozos at the store (one who I met in person when buying the machines this Spring) and nothing happens.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
They answer the phone every time. They are just unaware of how to answer basic questions such as "Can I bring these mowers to any local repair shops".

Beyond that, they dont return calls and they haven't replied to 2 emails. I call the main number, talk to 2 bozos at the store (one who I met in person when buying the machines this Spring) and nothing happens.

Ok, so you were in Bradley Illinois this spring and spoke to the 2 bozos that run the company?

I have specifically asked them if I can take mowers to local shops and they actually said yes (although I would go to the dealer since I am close). They are also ok with you doing the work to replace certain things if you have the know how. When you talk to the two bozos, did they tell you they would be sending parts?

Sounds to me like you're not getting through to the right guys. You want me to swing into the shop and talk to them and let them know that Mark Stark is having issues getting his parts? Who did you talk to over at Bradley?

OP
Mark Stark

Mark Stark

LawnSite Fanatic
Ok, so you were in Bradley Illinois this spring and spoke to the 2 bozos that run the company?

I have specifically asked them if I can take mowers to local shops and they actually said yes (although I would go to the dealer since I am close). They are also ok with you doing the work to replace certain things if you have the know how. When you talk to the two bozos, did they tell you they would be sending parts?

Sounds to me like you're not getting through to the right guys. You want me to swing into the shop and talk to them and let them know that Mark Stark is having issues getting his parts? Who did you talk to over at Bradley?

Haha no, I don't need you to talk to them for me. I appreciate it though.

I'd have to look up the guy in the stores name. He's basically the only guy that works their retail desk. If he's running their company, then they're really in trouble :hammerhead: He couldn't answer the ONLY warranty question I had. Or, maybe he could and didn't want to deal with it? He transferred me to the "warranty expert" <----- His words, not mine. When the "expert" couldn't tell me if I could bring the machine to my preferred shop, I was transfered to the main production building. I left VM for a guy there (Sam?).

Again, who really cares what the names are. I don't really remember at this point. They never called me back. I'm not worried about it. I got the main issue fixed by our maintenance guy.

So for my final recap on Bradley equipment....

My company won't buy them again. We didn't expect the Moon and the Stars from the machines. I expected them to perform decently which they have. Many small issues in less than a season. The ONLY reason we won't buy from them again is because OUR experience with their customer service has been below OUR expectations. That's it. Pretty simple.

Machines were cheap. They'll be back ups for us. I'm not worried about the money. I'm not worried about their warranty or their customer service. We know all we need to know. I'm not bad mouthing Bradley here. My OP said that they are not a good fit for my company. Your mileage will vary.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
That is troubling, especially since I am looking to buy one of the larger standons from Bradley. I've spoken directly with them on several matters regarding warranty, parts, etc, and everybody was very straight forward. I would be worried that that goes out the window after you purchase from them.

Just to clarify, at this point, after reaching out to them several times, you have not got any support regarding your warranty issue?

Top Forums