Brand new Stihl BR600 blower tube keeps coming off

mwalz

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just got this blower not even a week ago. since then the blower tube has came off probably 6 times. Happened within the first few minutes of first use on Wednesday. And frequently ever since. No matter how much i tighten the bracket the tube still keeps coming loose. Can't find anything online to help, any ideas? I think it's the tube not the bracket because when it pops off, the bracket hasn't changed.

br600 tube.jpg

cuttenup

LawnSite Member
Take the bracket completely off and turn it around. In order for the bracket to tighten around the tube properly you have to put the bracket on in one certain direction. If it is on backwards it will not fit properly. It should fit so that you can tighten the bracket as tight as you need to in order to hold the two pieces of the tube togther but still allow the lower part of the tube that has the handle attached to move freely.

xstatikplus

LawnSite Senior Member
Take the bracket completely off and turn it around. In order for the bracket to tighten around the tube properly you have to put the bracket on in one certain direction. If it is on backwards it will not fit properly. It should fit so that you can tighten the bracket as tight as you need to in order to hold the two pieces of the tube togther but still allow the lower part of the tube that has the handle attached to move freely.

Was gonna suggest trying the same thing if that isn't it try a layer of duct tape under it then put the bracket over the tape
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeff in AL

LawnSite Senior Member
I have not had or seen any issues with the pleated hose, tube or clamps on a new unit that were coming apart.

Both clamps are installed at their correct end of the pleated hose... However, the clamp closest to the engine needs to be removed and flipped over so the "half moon" marks face the elbow "half moon" marks.

The clamp furthest from the engine needs to be turned 180 degrees so the screw is on the bottom... Not that it will make any difference in the tube seperating though.

Make sure the ends of the pleated tube are on as far as possible prior to tightening clamp(s).

See PDF from Owners Manual below...

Short of that, you need to get it back to your dealer to be straightened out if the above doesn't help!

Attachments

• BR-500-550-600 Tube Positioning.pdf
    224.1 KB · Views: 364
OP
mwalz

mwalz

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks for the info guys, i will try it this week, i only mow on Wednesday and Friday, so i will see then, actually this week i''m doing mine on Tuesday, anyways, i'll try flipping it, and if that doesn't work it's going back to the dealer, and see what they can do.

ducnut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Took you a while to get a BP. Is it everything you were told, in the other thread?

OP
mwalz

mwalz

LawnSite Bronze Member
Took you a while to get a BP. Is it everything you were told, in the other thread?

Yeah i know, there was other things at the time i needed more than a bp since the guy was letting me borrow his, because he doesn't use it til fall for cleanups. So i got other things i needed more. Just looking around for a rack for it now.I thought about going the cheap route and getting that $300 one from Lowes, but i thought since i had the cash, just get the 600 and call it a day. And man do i love the blower!

ducnut

LawnSite Bronze Member
And man do i love the blower!

Yep. It's one of those things you just can't explain to someone, because of general doubt.

I loaned mine to a neighbor, after he asked to use my HH, for his front yard. I insisted he take the BP. He came back with a big smile, raving about how he was blowing leaves across the street, from his property. He was gone, less than 10 minutes. :laugh:

I'm glad you finally were able to get one.

ColliCut Land Mgmt

LawnSite Member
mwalz I don't have the answer but I had the same issue. My blower came from Charlie's Farm & Home in Wentzville, MO, and the tube would constantly come off in use. One time, it just stopped, and never did it again. I assume that by chance, I had it lined up correctly when I last put it back together. I did notice that if the tube with the handle attached doesn't rotate freely, it will probably come apart. It also gets a little less stiff with age and use, which makes it easier to use. It's unfortunate that our local dealers apparently can't assemble these units properly, but at least there's nothing wrong with the equipment.

BTW, my BR600 was just stolen off my trailer today. I ordered a Green Touch Extreme rack for it, as well as a 2-place trimmer rack (my new FS 94R trimmer was also stolen). I'll let you know how they work out.

OP
mwalz

mwalz

LawnSite Bronze Member
mwalz I don't have the answer but I had the same issue. My blower came from Charlie's Farm & Home in Wentzville, MO, and the tube would constantly come off in use. One time, it just stopped, and never did it again. I assume that by chance, I had it lined up correctly when I last put it back together. I did notice that if the tube with the handle attached doesn't rotate freely, it will probably come apart. It also gets a little less stiff with age and use, which makes it easier to use. It's unfortunate that our local dealers apparently can't assemble these units properly, but at least there's nothing wrong with the equipment.

BTW, my BR600 was just stolen off my trailer today. I ordered a Green Touch Extreme rack for it, as well as a 2-place trimmer rack (my new FS 94R trimmer was also stolen). I'll let you know how they work out.

My blower has done the same, a couple weeks ago, it just stopped. And I'm sorry to hear that it got stolen:( that sucks. I want to get a rack this year, next year for sure. for now i just lock it to my trailer with a bike rack lock cable i had laying around. How much did the blower rack cost you?

Top Forums