Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first John Deere and I absolutely love it. It cuts great, handles great, and looks awesome.

I got the 60" deck so the 29hp. LC, DFI engine has no problem plowing through even the toughest grass.

I know a lot of you out there are looking to buy a John Deere and I would suggest demo one of there units, if you are in the market for a mower.

Micah.

·
Registered
743 Posts
We run 2 Scag's with the 29 HRS LC DFI also. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
splatz100 said:
16 and a $10000 purchase.....
The profile isn't up to date, I'm 17 but yes that is my purchase and my parents did not pay a dime for it.

To clarify I paid for a about half of it, and the rest is on John Deere's 0 interest, 0 payments for 12 months. So I will pay it off before fall hits.

In the fall I will still mainly use my toro though because I already have the bagging kit on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
soccer, I am 17 too. Congrats, that's a big purchase. I'm saving up to buy a new mower. I don't think I could go that far on one though, I only have 10 accounts right now and planning to add 5 next year, thats enough to where I can manage them during the school year and still have a life somewhat.

If you don't mind me askin, how many accounts to do you have.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey soccer i just turned 16 and own a wright stander 52 in, encore 36 belt stihl trimmer and i have a 6 by 12 enclosed trailer on order! this summer has been expensive tho! 7,000 for a truck 3000 for a trailer, another 3500 on a used stander, 2.25 a gallon gas! How many accounts do you have? I have 20 accounts right now but next year i plan to expand outside of my own neighborhood and get some accounts in nearby subdivisions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sweet machine Soccer! My dealer is D&G and can't say enough good things. LUV my yellow seat!

·
Registered
5 Posts
These machines are awesome! This spring we purchased a 997 and a 797....we were able to put together a green fleet discount and got the two bought with 6 hand held tools for $20,400. We have close to 200 hours on each machine so far and they both have been flawless!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bet you don't have much of a social life in the fall. My friends gripe at me when I work Saturdays..... When school is goin on I pretty much mow every afternoon and every other weekend. I have 10 accounts and 2 are cmeteries, one takes 10 hrs and the other around 6. I don't play any sports, really because I have no interest and I wouldn't be able to hang the everyday practices and mowing too. Maybe next year after I save up enough for a good down payment and get a Zero-Turn mower, I will be able to have more time off, but I really want to add 5 accounts for next year, but it should still work out to have alittle more time off than I do now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gizmo_019 said:
I bet you don't have much of a social life in the fall. My friends gripe at me when I work Saturdays..... When school is goin on I pretty much mow every afternoon and every other weekend. I have 10 accounts and 2 are cmeteries, one takes 10 hrs and the other around 6. I don't play any sports, really because I have no interest and I wouldn't be able to hang the everyday practices and mowing too. Maybe next year after I save up enough for a good down payment and get a Zero-Turn mower, I will be able to have more time off, but I really want to add 5 accounts for next year, but it should still work out to have alittle more time off than I do now.
Wow, does anyone help you with the cemeteries, you must be dead after all that weedwiping.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 6 hr one, I handle by myself. The 10 hr one I have a helper mow while I weedeat the whole thing. We start on opposite ends and I normally get done weedeating around an hour before the mower gets done.

It's not really that bad, just takes about 4 gallons of water and the motivation of the $$$.

After a day of a cmetery and 2 yards I'm pretty whooped though, I lost 10 lbs that last time I did that in one day.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.