• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Breaking in redmax

LawnBoy89

LawnSite Senior Member
When I got my 7001 I never broke it in, I ran it full throttle right when I got it , or atleast very high in the rpms. I ordered an 8000 it should be here next wed. I would like to know the proper way to break these bad boys in, and do you actually have to? I ran my 7001 and BCZ2600S like I normally would instead of breaking them in and I think they work fine just wanted to see what you guys had to say. Thanks.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
Run that b*tch wide the f*ck open. Run it like you would normally

OP
L

LawnBoy89

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes, very glad to hear it I was just wondering because last time I didn't and a couple people told me in the long run I lose power by not breaking it in. Just making sure thanks alot and it makes things alot easier.

proenterprises

LawnSite Silver Member
I picked up an Echo 750 yesterday also. I do not see anything in the manual about break in period, so Im assuming I will just run it as usual.

Anyone here "break" them in.?

lwcmattlifter

LawnSite Senior Member
Nope, unpack it, fuel it and run it. I don't have time to run it at half throttle for a tank.

proenterprises

LawnSite Silver Member
lwcmattlifter said:
Nope, unpack it, fuel it and run it. I don't have time to run it at half throttle for a tank.
Me either. I have heard that as long as you vary the rpm's for the first tank or so, your fine. IE-change the engine speeds from time to time.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
I run all new 2 cycle machines at idle and 1/2 throttle changing them every 10 minutes or so back and forth for about an hour before I start running them hard.